Lead Engine Programmer
CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Opening its doors in July 2008, Ubisoft Singapore features the largest AAA studio in Southeast Asia and is home to a culture that celebrates serious fun and diversity. As proud innovators of naval gameplay and water technology, we’re super excited to be the lead studio in bringing a brand-new IP to you – Skull and Bones! Our other notable works include every Assassin’s Creed game since Assassin’s Creed II, with our latest Viking adventure being Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a Lead Engine Programmer, your role is to own the game engine for the project and to support the team to ensure the success of the game, managing:
· Quality and stability of the visual and game experience
· Own the overall design and architecture for the Singapore scope.
· Realization of the game/artistic vision within the constraints of the tech and platforms by working with the Art Director and Lead Designer / Creative Director.
· Push high production values and realization for the missions developed by Singapore.
· Engine tasks scope & timeline management
The role has a major emphasis on visual quality, stability, implementation & communication.
For code changes or new features, responsible for:
· Gathering & “negotiating” clear requirements and specifications for features
· Writing technical brief and confluence documentation for the architecture of the systems you own, and the usage instructions for the artists and designers.
· Providing best estimate of feature delivery
· Contributing to the art budgets/guidelines for each target platform/feature.
· Accountable for:
o Features complying to agreed design
o Stability and performance (frame rate, multi-platform support, memory, CPU) of the features
o Support and evolution (troubleshooting, tools, workflow, data reviews, etc.)
o Code quality: practice code/design reviews and share best practice
o Delivering the features on time
WHAT YOU BRING
. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
· Constantly innovate how to improve product quality and group productivity.
· Excellent decision making capabilities.
· Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions.
· Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects/tasks.
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it's very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.