Insights Manager (W/M)
- 93100 Montreuil, France
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving gamechanging challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Consumer & Market Knowledge team is a cross-organization department. Its role is to help Ubisoft teams (production, business, supports…) feed and build their decision-making process through their consumer and market expertise and their research protocols.
In order to ensure reliability and relevancy of their studies, CMK team relies on several types of expertise: data science, ethnographic studies, market analyses, workshop animation, forecasts….It is the only department at Ubisoft that covers all these skills under one umbrella.
As part of the Consumer & Market Knowledge (CMK) group, the manager will provide in-depth insights into consumers and the market to accompany Ubisoft strategy.
Your daily tasks will be to define a data and research strategy, to carry it out in close relationship with HQ, business and production teams, to communicate insights and ensure that they’re taken into account throughout the game lifecycle, from early conception to release and live operations.
This incumbent will also help local and global Ubisoft teams take informed decisions and the development of brands and products developed by the studios.
Here are your missions :
- Provide vision and strategic guidance to create and monitor qualitative and quantitative analyses and benchmarks that meet the needs of studios in Europe and Asia through various means, including collaborations with the studios in Paris and around the world;
- Maintain a positive expert attitude with internal partners by clearly communicating your strategic recommendations and translating them into actionable plans that are effective for senior management and management teams across departments ;
- Stay on the alert for emerging global trends and developments and weak signals in the video game and entertainment industries to drive teams ;
- Contribute to in-depth video game market and trend analyses focused on factors from business performances to the evolution of gamer behaviours and new business models for games ;
- Master, develop and sustain current market assessment tools and contribute to the development of new tools ;
- Develop collective intelligence by building an internal network and fostering gamer knowledge sharing within the corporation ;
- Be an integral part of the CMK by applying best practices within the team and actively contributing to the development of new research methods and tools ;
- Travel on a regular basis (at least three times/year) to our studios to meet with management team (partners), manage projects, give presentations and be the voice and messenger of the CMK ;
- Be in constant communication with other team members across the Ubisoft organization and in other studios to share analyses and build cross-cutting projects ;
- Ensure the implementation and follow up of consumer-focused indicators and the market through reporting tables/dashboards ;
- Manage a team of 2 people ;
To succeed in this position, you have a solid experience in market research in tech, entertainment or media sector in a fast-paced international context. You must have experience in project management with significant experience in quantitative, qualitative consumer and market research, project related to data science, insight focus as well as consulting and planning of strategic initiatives.
If you feel up to the challenge, and can relate to the experience and qualities listed below, then don't hesitate any longer!
- You face big data head on by increasing the number of resources at your disposal (study results, analytical data from gamers, forums, blogs, etc.) to emphasize the insights and make strategic recommendations to internal clients;
- Excellent ability to structure concise and clear results presentations based on large and complex datasets;
- Extensive knowledge of SPSS and qualitative and quantitative marketing research techniques is required;
- A solid understanding of video game culture and player community dynamics and open to the competitive/e-sports industries is necessary;
- Your studio and region scope will be Europe and Asia, you must be bilingual in English, French is an asset;
Don’t hesitate and send us your application if you want to join us in this permanent position at our International HQ based in Montreuil.
Joining Ubisoft means joining a company that sends you all the thrilling vibes and energy you can find in a startup, along with all the perks of a big company! These include
- Profit sharing
- 12 RTT (paid days off)/year + 25 days paid leave/year
- 4 free video games/year (ours of course ;))
- 1 month paternity & coparent leave
- A workplace team dedicated to make your daily work experience at Ubisoft the best: Monday morning breakfasts, rest areas, gaming areas, free hot drinks and fresh fruit, discount on a wide range of shows…
- And that’s naming just a few
If you are interested in this position and reckon you have what it takes, all you have left to do is send in your application via SmartRecruiters. We will get back to you within 3 weeks and if we think your profile matches the needs for the role, we will organize a 20-30 minutes phonecall, followed up by 2 to 3 interviews as well as a case study.
We look forward to reading you!!
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our gamers community.
The position is attached to the International Headquarters.