- Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
As a Creative Director at Ubisoft Ukraine, you’ll have an impactful role within one of the biggest projects at Kyiv Studio. You’ll get to work with AAA games having access to the global Ubisoft tools and resources. At the same time you´ll experience Ubisoft’s friendly and easy-going working culture, where people are at the core of everything and community is highly valued.
You will be one of the key players in the game development process defining and communicating the game’s overall creative vision from its concept through all the way to release and post-launch. As the main creative spokesperson, you will communicate with internal and external stakeholders, and get to work closely with the IP holders. You will also be the creative leader for the design team and work closely with the producer and team leads.
Your main responsibility as the Creative Director will be to ensure the best AAA game experience for players, and as such, to oversee any high-level decisions that affect the quality of the game or it’s parts. Working closely with the producer and team leads, you will ensure that the quality standards are met and that everyone understands how their work contributes to the bigger picture.
- Define, lead and ship a strong creative vision for the game and it’s parts and uphold it throughout production
- Ensure that creative vision is coherent and alignment with Art Directors, Game Design Director, Producer, Tech Leads, and all team members
- Communicate and promote creative vision for the game to core team, top management and teams
- Provide direction and support on the game content to guarantee its quality, consistency and logic
- Drive all aspects of the game, from context and worldto game design and to how the game looks, feels and sounds
- Develop and hold an extensive knowledge of the players, their expectations toward the game, and leveraging their game experience
- Understand and master game mechanics and systems by developing a strong video game culture;
- 5-8+ yrs of relevant EXP in Game design, Level Design, Art, Narration
- 5+ yrs of EXP in a leadership role
- at least 2 AAA full production cycles EXP as a Director/Associate Director/ Design Lead
- Knowledge of existing engines and creativity frameworks in the entertainment industry
- Strong knowledge on game’s players, their expectations and game experience
- Strong communication skills enough to transmit with impact the creative vision at all level throughout the evolution of the game
- Ability to positively influence, inspire and motive the teams
- Ability to take courageous and effective decisions
- Openness and strong curiosity of innovations and trends in & out of video game industry
- Ability to prioritize, anticipate, agile and drive toward the future
- Ability to take a step back and challenge the status quo
Apart from a competitive compensation package we offer a wide variety of perks including performance based incentives, comprehensive private health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, good work/life balance, relocation assistance, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel, opportunities for career development and many more…
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.