- Cary, NC, USA
Ubisoft is one of the world's biggest creators, publishers and distributors of videogames and interactive services. The group has a broad portfolio of internationally renowned brands such as Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon, Just Dance, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Rainbow Six...
Supported by a worldwide network of studios and distribution subsidiaries, the teams at Ubisoft are dedicated to offering players original and unforgettable game experiences on all popular platforms, including consoles, smartphones, tablets and PCs.
We’re looking for a Tools Engineer passionate about developing a world-class, AAA game engine and development tools. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and be able to design and implement new engine features and pipeline tools with little to no direction. You will make a direct impact on the productivity of others by developing user-facing tools for one of the leading game engines used by developers across the world.
- Working closely with the Tools team members to create and implement new engine features
- Working with the artists and designers on building content creation tools
- Improving existing features in the engine editor
- Investigating and fixing bugs to improve the overall editor experience
- 2+ years of C/C++ programming
- A bachelors degree in computer science or 4+ years of relevant training
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to create, refactor and maintain code
- 2+ years experience working in the games industry
- A shipped AAA game title or multiple shipped small-scale games
- Experience writing shaders
- Experience using middleware SDK
- Subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Paid life, accidental death & dismemberment, short- and long-term disability insurance
- Paid holidays
- Flexible work schedule
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.