Development Team Lead
- Bucharest, Romania
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
Your main mission
The Team Lead manages a team of 5 to 7 developers who are responsible for delivering products as part of a Ubisoft global product agile team.
As the team lead, you’ll support the Product Owner (PO) and Scrum Master (SM) by driving the technical vision and empowering developers located in Montreal (Canada) and in Bucharest (Romania) to deliver business value.
These products help Ubisoft teams organize marketing activity and assets used across Ubisoft owned and external channels.
What you’ll do
The main tasks of the Team Lead are to:
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort;
- Ensure that technical choices make sense within Ubisoft’s global ecosystem and present these choices outside the team, typically to management;
- Ensure the technical viability of the products delivered and mentor the team to act in a similar manner;
- Provide senior solutions to issues or requests on the project team needs help;
- Maintain excellent knowledge of Ubisoft and especially IT processes, reinforce them and propose enhancements;
- Help Product Owner and Scrum Master’ assert their mandate within the project limit and reinforce it whenever necessary;
- Identify evolution, development, and career path opportunities for each team members;
- Manage team staffing in coordination with the domain Manager and associate director;
- Participate in development or project management when necessary;
- Mentors direct reports through formal and informal channels;
- Ensures the administrative monitoring of the team (absence planning and validation, business trips planning, monitoring and validation of timesheets);
- Recognize and celebrate team and team member accomplishments and exceptional performance.
What you’ll bring as experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other related field.
- 5 years’ experience in software development
- Strong experience with applications design and development practices
- 2 years’ experience in management.
- Strong knowledge of client/server and internet systems architectures;
- Knowledge of Web Development technology, especially .Net and Angular;
- Knowledge of DevOps principles;
- Knowledge of Agile practices;
What you'll bring as a colleague
Encourage change and manage the implementation of new ideas;
- Creative, curious, and innovative; suggest system improvements and offer alternative solutions to the different problems that may appear;
- Lead by setting a good example (role model) - behavior consistent with words;
- Ability to detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflicts;
- Good team player, able to enter relationships based on openness, mutual respect, and positive energy;
- Foster a “do the right thing attitude” and take initiative beyond job specificities to have the projects/task advance.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, gym, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.