Cloud Native Solutions Developer
- Montreal, QC, Canada
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
If you are bold driven and unafraid of pushing boundaries, we would love to hear from you for this role as part of our IT team and more specifically within our Hybrid Cloud Networking team.
This new team aims to cloudify network services, with its main mission being to make life easier for our internal IT partners when they consume network services. As a Cloud Network Developer, you will be responsible for developing and operating network services to facilitate infrastructure consumption, on premises or in the public cloud, in a multi-cloud environment.
Automation is key to the success of the products, therefore you'll be involved in an environment with technologies such as OpenStack, Kubernetes, Python, Go, Terraform, AWS, GitLabCI and so much more!
- Design, develop and operate network services in an iterative approach that are automated, documented and programmatically accessible such as Load Balancing Services, Firewall Services and DNS services;
- Ensure services are compatible with a multi-cloud environment;
- Work alongside internal partners from the private or public cloud, servers and storage teams to develop high performance solutions;
- Help product owners define the technical roadmap to fulfill partner’s needs.
Relevant experience and education
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Software development or a related field;
- 3-5+ years of experience in IT, ideally within an environment consisting of 500+ servers;
- Experience in software development.
Skills and competences
- DevOps oriented, Infrastructure as Code (IaC);
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban);
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure, public (AWS, GCP, Azure) or on-prem (OpenStack);
- Knowledge of Python, Go;
- Knowledge of automation (Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, Pulumi);
- Knowledge of CI/CD, pipelines (Gitlab);
- Knowledge of networking, load balancing or firewalling technologies is a plus;
- Ability to handle an environment constantly in flux with changing priorities;
- Curiosity, self-motivate and always have the client in mind at every step;
- English and French, verbally and written are required.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.