Cloud Specialist - FinOps
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in the heart of Montreal’s Mile-End, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary people connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
The public cloud team standardizes design and processes related to public cloud infrastructure and management for all of Ubisoft including our game productions. This includes both transparent oversight via event auditing and more direct standards such as account lifecycle, service inter-connectivity and baseline architectures for all cloud users.
As a Cloud FinOps Specialist working as part of the Public Cloud team, you will work closely with the Public Cloud Architects and project leader whose infrastructure is hosted on public cloud platforms. You will take part in Cost Optimization, Capacity Planning and Budget studies. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for planning, tracking and optimizing our public cloud investments and consumption of the whole Ubisoft scale.
As part the Cloud FinOps Specialist, you'll also be responsible for leading cultural change for cloud consumption, by working closely with Ubisoft Production teams through their different development gates and assisting them with effectively hosting infrastructure in a cloud environment.
- Provide Cloud consumption best practices to Ubisoft projects teams;
- Analyze our past, current and forecasted consumption and provide optimization plans;
- Lead the cost optimization and investment process using reserved instances and savings plans;
- Take part in Project Architecture reviews in order to optimize their costs;
- Support our procurement teams for contracts renewal and negotiations;
- Organize presentations of solutions and initiatives to staff;
- Provide IT management with cost reports and KPIs;
- Gather requirements and assist internal customers to express their needs and forecast their cloud usage.
Relevant Training and Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field;
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Accounting, Financial management, Statistics or a related field;
- 3+ years of experience in IT with at least 4 years in a 1000+ servers’ company;
- Previous experience working in company that went through cultural change from on-premises to off- premises.
Skills & Knowledge
As this position requires a mix of technical and financial skills, we are not looking for people who would be a perfect fit in all of these but who would be motivated to learn the other side of the job. These skills are an example of what we are looking for:
- Experience working with one of the leading cloud platforms such as Azure, Google Cloud or AWS;
- Experience in budget management or IT Financial planning;
- Experience in Capacity Planning;
- Experience in Infrastructure management;
- Experience in Data analysis;
- Ability to effectively collaborate across organizational boundaries;
- Have good interpersonal communication skills (Oral and written Comprehension of English and French).
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.