Ubisoft Graduate Program 2021 - UX Design (M/F)
- Barcelona, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Québec, RedStorm, Reflections, Singapore
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. With 19,000 employees, Ubisoft is present in 45 studios around the globe in a human and innovative spirit. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers as Assassin's Creed ® , Far Cry ® , Watch Dogs® or Just Dance ®.
In order to continue delivering highly qualitative and innovative game plays we are looking for Graduates in User Experience Design.
The Ubisoft Graduate Program is a two-year international program for fresh Graduates who expect a career accelerator into the games industry. They will benefit from an individual development plan and follow-up in order to develop their skills in project management. Depending on the studio to which you are eligible, the Graduate Program may be a local track or an international track. To know which studio offers local or international track, please refer to the locations indicated at the bottom.
Local track: Over two years in the same studio, Graduates will have the opportunity to work on thrilling projects with multi-disciplinary teams in an international environment.
International track: Over two years, Graduates will have the opportunity to work in two different studios in different countries.
To learn more about this two-year program, please visit: www.ubisoftgraduateprogram.com
As part of the production team, reporting to the Game Design job family, the UX Designer plays a critical role to translate the vision of the game into a comfortable experience for the player.
Your job is key in building immersive player experience: you are responsible for ensuring immersion and consistency in the game. During the production, you have an impact on a wide scope and you connect with diverse fields of game development: gamefeel (Gameplay programmers), Game Design (game & level designers), UI design, playtest (User research department)
As a member of a game development team, you are involved involved in a variety of missions such as:
- Support and work with the development team to iterate and improve the game within the player eye
- Create personas to help define the user base and understand player’s needs.
- Create detailed wireframes (describe solutions in the game design that will guide production)
- Work closely with the game designers to identify controls and inputs which support interactions, in order to ensure a seamless and consistent user experience.
- Participate in the conception of world logic, layout and all user interfaces running the game (including HUD, menus and lobby) by applying information architecture & accessibility principles ;
- Ensure all signs & feedback provide clear information within the game through accessibility best practices;
- Ensure interactions responsiveness matches expectations
- Plan and coordinate new playtest methodologies focusing on the player experience. Share, analyze and apply this feedback and data to optimize the game experience.
- Use your own experience as a gamer along with your knowledge of user-centered design to achieve both players’ and business’ goals
- Educate & evangelize the importance of human factors, players’ feedback & data-driven decision-making in end to end user experience design
- You have already graduated or will be graduating in 2021 from a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Game design, Interaction design / Human Computer Interaction / Ergonomics, Cognitive sciences, Gameplay programming or equivalent and have less than 1 year of experience (excluding internships and apprenticeships)
- You have good game design and art skills as well as UI and ergonomic understanding
- You have an interest in programming and all topics related to technology
- You are interested in cognitive sciences, user-centered design and player experience
- You have great communication skills: you can influence with impact various partners, you are bold and proactive, and you can turn complex problems into simple products
- You have a creative mindset
- You are passionate by video games and gaming culture
- As we are an international company, you are fluent in English and geographically mobile
As part of the Ubisoft Graduate Program, you will benefit from a full-time working contract in your home studio the first year and with a studio abroad for the second year.
Application period: January 1st, 2021, 9.30am CET (Paris time) - March 7th, 2021, 6.30pm CET (Paris time)
Location for 1st year: Barcelona (local and international), Berlin (local and international), Düsseldorf (local and international), Québec (international), RedStorm in Cary (local and international), Reflections (local), Singapore (international)
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We develop an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our players’ community.