Project Lead Programmer (DNA)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
As part of DNA, Ubisoft’s data and analytics tech group, you’ll contribute to the way video game data gets used and how decisions are made. As our games connect more and more players, our data platforms must run thousands of jobs and serve billions of data points in all areas of the company.
In this role of Project Lead Programmer, you’ll oversee and guide the technological vision of a machine learning platform that brings Ubisoft’s personalization opportunities to life.
You’ll lead innovative teams focused on building highly scalable and optimized data products and microservices that support the work of many analysts, data scientists, and developers across the company. Constantly in touch with your team members, you’ll plan ahead, identify issues, and closely follow up on features in development for the platform. Thanks to your leadership and ability to make the best decisions when faced with development and operational challenges, your teams can achieve their ambitions.
Sometimes, you roll up your sleeves and get deep into coding, because, after all, it’s still your first love. Your global vision and your thorough understanding of what everyone does on your team allow you to harmonize and to multiply the results of everyone’s hard work. When quality systems are delivered, and when they work together cohesively, you know you contribute to offering Ubisoft a competitive advantage with data. And that’s what truly motivates you.
What you’ll do
- Organize and coordinate the project’s technological activities and resources throughout the production life cycle.
- Help your team leads to advance the development of their systems and ensure that they are coherent with developments made by parallel tech teams.
- Communicate the project’s vision and engage your team on the evolution of deliverables.
- Voice setbacks and observations + make recommendations on behalf of the project’s programming teams.
- Monitor the architecture’s evolution.
- Oversee the planning and staffing of your team.
What you bring
- Experience in managing programming teams
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Software engineering (or other related training)
- Solid strategic leadership and communication skills
- The ability to remain calm in difficult situations (you know that there is always a solution)
- Familiarity with the analytics, statistics, and/or machine learning fields
- Experience with distributed systems, data processing technologies, RESTful web services, cloud computing, and NoSQL data stores
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your experience, education, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alexis. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.