Senior C++ Software Engineer - Audio [Unannounced Project]
- Stockholm, Sweden
Are you interested in creating tech that makes sound in games sparkle? Read on!
We are looking for a Senior C++ Software Engineer working with Audio for an ambitious unannounced project here in Stockholm Sweden, starting April 2021.
As our Senior C++ Software Engineer working with Audio tech, you will have daily interactions with the Audio craft to create new technical solutions that makes sounds seem like magic filling your ears inside our games. You will be part of driving the full process from defining needs, creating prototypes, to implementation and ensuring the systems satisfy design briefs whilst being technically elegant and performant. As we work in cross-functional teams, you may at times be working closely with people from other disciplines and follow agile methodologies to drive your work forward.
We know you have fantastical powers and for us it’s important that you get to show your magic. To do this, we are creating strong autonomous teams with independent decision-making, and freedom to try out new things and show why it works. For us it is important that you get to shine by being creative: to make deliberate decisions, poke hole in things when required, to navigate through known pitfalls and care for your craft by honouring your commitments.
In this role, you’ll be joining the Audio team and report to our Audio Tech Director. You will work closely with your lead, with the Audio Director and with other audio programmers in your team, as well as our design and world craft and others to fully enhance the features and prototypes that goes into our project.
- Design, create and implement core audio systems together with our engine and tools team.
- Collaborate with our Audio Tech Director and Audio Director to identify new technical solutions and architecture to realise the creative vision.
- Analyze and correct bugs identified by people from other crafts, development testers or you and your peers.
- Review and feedback on code from your programming peers.
- Document your work to share knowledge on how to use the new systems and functionalities.
We would love if you...
- Have a master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent training or experience.
- Have good understanding of C++, including refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing.
- Have experience working on core systems and it is meriting if you have previously worked in a game engine and tools.
- Have an interest in auditory perception theory, audio DSP programming, acoustics and/or related areas.
- Know how data structures work under the hood and what the best choice is for your solution.
- Are comfortable with following predefined code styles and other best practices of your craft.
- Are used to working in an international environment and to express yourself fluently in English.
- Have a genuine interest in game development and a curiosity for the games industry.
Apply to make it yours!
Read more about us at: http://stockholm.ubisoft.com/
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.