Audio Tester Intern (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
About Ubisoft Blue Byte:
With more than 30 years of experience, Ubisoft Blue Byte is one of the pioneers of the German games industry. At three sites in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin the teams develop high-class gaming experiences. Ubisoft Düsseldorf and Ubisoft Mainz are leading the development of Anno 1800 and The Settlers as well as the VR escape room Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time. As co-developer the teams are supporting titles such as Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and Beyond Good and Evil 2. Ubisoft Berlin is focussing on co-development, including the upcoming Far Cry 6. All three studios combined form the German Ubisoft studio network. More Information at bluebyte.ubisoft.com.
About Ubisoft Düsseldorf:
Ubisoft Düsseldorf is home to several teams dedicated to deliver AAA excellence and innovation across a wide portfolio of games and technologies. The studio is leading the development of beloved Ubisoft games like The Settlers and the innovative VR escape room experience Prince of Persia: The Dagger of Time. As renowned co-developers within the Ubisoft group, Ubisoft Düsseldorf contributes to high profile projects such as Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and Uplay. Ubisoft Düsseldorf is part of the Ubisoft Blue Byte studio network.
We are currently seeking a motivated and skilled Audio Tester Intern to join the Audio Department at Ubisoft Blue Byte in Düsseldorf for 6 months. If you have a passion for audio, love video games and want to work in a friendly and international environment, come join our team!
The Audio Tester Intern will support the development of multiple titles by identifying sound anomalies before and after their integration into the game under the supervision of an Audio Tester.
Specific tasks include:
- Debugging various game audio elements (SFX, music, foley, voices & ambiences)
- Follow the established testing workflows
- Ensure the audio is of a consistently high quality
- Perform daily tests to ensure the quality and functionality of new and old content and features is upheld
- Report and monitor issues (bugs) in bug databases
- Verify fixes made by developers (Bug Regression)
- Collaborate closely with Audio Designers and Programmers to understand and test features
- A passion for Audio
- A passion for video games (knowledge of different game genres, consoles and platforms)
- Keen eye for detail and patience to perform accurate testing at all times.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient English language skills, both written and verbal
- Reliable organizational and time management skills
- Analytical and critical approach
- Creative thinker
- Solution and result oriented
- Must be a team player
- Previous experience in testing games and tracking bugs
- Experience with issue tracking tools (JIRA preferred)
- Knowledge of Game audio Middleware (Wwise or Fmod)
- Knowledge of at least one Game Engine (e.g. Unreal or Unity)
- Previous Sound Design or Music Composition Experience
- Experience with a DAW
We want to offer you a unique opportunity to enter the games industry and contribute to AAA projects as our next intern. At Ubisoft Blue Byte you will be rewarded for your hard work and perseverance with fair compensation, hands-on experience and the opportunity to learn from some of the industries brightest. Working with your Internship Champion - you will have the chance to bring your bachelor/master thesis and ideas to life!
- 24 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.