Narrative Designer [Unannounced Project] (387)
- Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
The Narrative Designer participates in the crafting of a game’s story and designing its narrative systems, creating characters, defining the story behind locations or objects, designing the narrative of missions, building story arcs, contributing to building the player’s emotional journey.
- Working within a narrative team to formulate plot lines, story arcs and narrative beats that support the game design and the underlying IP.
- Create descriptions and backstories for characters, locations, objects, events
- Creates proposal outlines and documents for internal and external review
- Support the Game Design team in defining systems and structures to support the game experience throughout the entire game
- Determines how the narrative will be presented in game and work with teams to establish these systems.
- Participate in the development of specific features and assets, as well as in their implementation and debug
- Throughout the production, make necessary changes of the narrative system arising from feedback, to allow for a constant support of the narrative experience in order to achieve the desired player experience;
- May be required to assume the responsibilities of the writer on certain projects
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Skills & knowledge
- Good knowledge of video games and open world narrative approaches
- A basic knowledge of Game Design
- Strong listening and communication skills;
- To spot new trends and innovations in the industry.
- Experience in any successful game as a writer
- Degree in Game Design, Creative Writing, Literature or an equivalent.
- Three years of validated and relevant experience in creative writing
- Strong writing skills in English
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-reflections/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.