Associate Technical Art Director - [Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell VR] (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German studios in Mainz, Düsseldorf and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Anno”, “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", James Cameron's "Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", “Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers” and many more.
We are creating a brand-new team to work on Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell [VR] for the Oculus platform project. You will work on cutting-edge VR technology, on one of Ubisoft’s great IP’s, developed across multiple studios. Join us today to shape the future of VR!
The Associate Technical Art Director will implement the graphic tools and methods to carry out the artistic vision of the game within the defined technical constraints. The main focuses are conversion of art direction into technical requirements, the implementation of art technologies, tools, pipelines and budgets for the project and development of team members.
Manage and help build a team that works together smoothly and collaborates well with external partners
- Guide, provide constant support, and mentor technical artists. Play a key role in their career development.
- Ensure team productivity: assign, organize, and prioritize the work within his team
- Help construct a credible road map to reach target dates
- Work closely with HR recruitment and producers to identify, hire, and grow promising candidates in your area of expertise
Gatekeeper of a solid bridge between art and tech teams
- Understand art direction requirements and convert them to new features and improvements
- Have regular sync-ups with the tech direction and art direction to align on options, choices and priorities
- Be proactive by foreseeing problems and technical needs
- Work closely with Rendering, Engine, Tools, and Art teams to ensure requirements are properly prioritized
- Foster inter-team coordination. Help coordinate communication between groups and achieve consensus for the requirements necessary to ship a high quality title.
- Establish an open communication with your peers on the project
Owner of the art technologies, tools, pipelines and budgets
- Test and confirm that the intended techniques are possible with the tools chosen. Validate the quality of the product with the Art Director and Lead Programmer.
- Produce a technical reference and/ or technical constraints document, keep it current, and communicate it for the team's guidance
- Assure the homogeneity of the technical quality throughout the game
- Propose and create the right tools to accelerate certain procedural tasks
- Be the gatekeeper of the budget, stability and performance of the art
Look out for innovation
- Network with other experts to benchmark solutions used on the project
- Provide insights and value add to the project and group
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detailed knowledge of the technical constraints of engines and the different game platforms
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D graphic software
- Knowledge of an asset management system
- Knowledge of a programming language (C++…) (an asset)
- Knowledge of Max Script (an asset)
- In-depth knowledge of the jobs required to produce a AAA video game
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Scripts or application examples, code samples.
- Examples of rigs, visual effects, animation, procedural visualization
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Opportunities for growth on your career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and VR and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application must include your resume, portfolio, and a cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.