Sound Designer [Star Wars Project]
- Malmö, Sweden
We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
As a Sound Designer you’ll combine audio and technology to communicate ideas and feelings which will bring the players journey to life and improve the overall player experience. You'll collaborate closely with an experienced team of Audio Designers (Sound, Voice & Music) along with Narrative, Cinematics and the broader dev team.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted. Applications without a demo-reel won’t be considered.
- Creating quality sound effects (studio/foley recordings, synthesis techniques), and/or utilizing pre-recorded in-house and commercial material;
- Linear sound designing and mixing for cut scenes and cinematics;
- Implementing assets into Wwise and Snowdrop (our in-house Game Engine), ensuring they perform as intended in-game;
- Ensuring documentation for your audio features is continually updated.
You are a curious, creative, and quality-conscious designer dedicated to your craft. You have excellent communication skills in English (our company language), and your emphatic nature enables you to easily relate, understand and collaborate with your peers.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant showreel of your audio work is required;
- Experience from more than one game development cycle in an Audio function;
- Previous experience from a major production through to release;
(ideally, you have credits on at least 1-major AAA Title)
- Relevant degree in a Music/Audio field, or the equivalent work experience;
- Experience with recording (both studio and field recording techniques), signal flow, processing, and mixing;
- Expert Wwise knowledge, audio post process plugins mastering, performance optimization knowledge;
- Extensive knowledge of Pro-Tools & Reaper;
- Experience creating and mixing surround content;
- Understanding of the technical audio constraints regarding audio implementation, on current console platforms & PC and therefore the ability to accurately predict task duration and understand dependencies.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive, promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.