IT Support Analyst
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ubisoft is composed of over 18,000 talented people located in 55+ development studios and offices across the globe. With more than 80% of our teams dedicated to creation, Ubisoft is the biggest in-house creative force in the industry.
Home to the North American Ubisoft headquarters since 1996, Ubisoft San Francisco opened its development studio in 2009 and since developed Rocksmith® and Rocksmith 2014, to teach millions of people how to play guitar and bass. With a song library of over 1,500 songs and 9 years of support the Rocksmith franchise helped millions of players around the world on their musical journey. In 2017, the studio released the critically acclaimed South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™, in collaboration with Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and South Park Digital Studios. The studio is currently working on two unannounced projects.
Ubisoft’s worldwide network of video game development studios and business offices work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege®, Tom Clancy's The Division®, For Honor®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more. Ubisoft is a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching player’s lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.
Take entertainment to the next level. Join us and create the unknown.
Ubisoft, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking an IT Support Analyst I for its Information Technology, Infrastructure and Operations department located in San Francisco.
We are looking for a well-organized professional with exceptional customer service skills to support our local office of approximately 500 people. This position reports to the Local IT Site Manager.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Offer on-site support to end users on hardware (workstation and printing) and standard software (Windows OS, Office suite)
- Manage local infrastructure (servers and network) when required
- Ensure Security team best practices application for workstation, proper meeting room configuration, follow-up on issues and requests
- Build and install the new employees work environment
- Interact with external vendors regarding repair of hardware
- Drive change and strive to improve IT policies and processes in the studio
- Support for events (training, marketing etc.) and support teams during moves
- Maintain the asset inventory
- Update knowledge base with newly diagnosed problems
- Carry out all other related tasks
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- 2+ years of experience in technical support to end users
- Great sense of customer service, team spirit
- Good dexterity and ability to perform manual labor
- Good listening, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to make decisions quickly, work effectively in a fast-paced changing environment, and work autonomously
- Expertise in PC and laptop support and latest hardware news
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft Office suite
- Good English skills (spoken and written), knowledge of printing materials, Mobile support, networking, cabling, SCCM, Active Directory
- Linux knowledge, knowledge of multimedia equipment, Agile methodologies, and scripting ability (batch files, VBScript, PowerShell), Mac OS X knowledge are all asset
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer HSA contribution (with enrollment in a HSA eligible medical plan)
- 401k match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Fitness, physical, and eSports challenge reimbursements
- Rocket Lawyer online legal service membership
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Pawternity – paid time off to bond with a newly adopted pet
- Sabbatical leave available after 5 years of employment
- Generous discount on new Ubisoft games
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.