(Intermediate/Senior) UX/UI Designer [Skull & Bones]
- Berlin, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege", "Avatar", "Far Cry", "For Honor", "Skull & Bones", "The Settlers", "Anno" and many more.
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
At Ubisoft Berlin, we are steadily growing. We are collaborating on the award-winning “Far Cry” series together with international Ubisoft teams, but also on an unannounced project and we are paving the way for even more!
As a newly established Ubisoft studio, we have an ambitious but humble approach to the contribution we want to bring to AAA game development in Germany. We are committed to excellence; we want to dedicate ourselves to delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that will empower our players and make them feel part of the worlds, we create.
We encourage an autonomous and entrepreneurial mindset tailored to our highly motivated talents to create experiences that leave a mark in the games industry as a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and dynamic cities in the world!
As a UX/UI Designer, you will be working on the overall user experience of the game in all aspects and phases of production, you propose solutions to translate game design intentions into usable and memorable graphical user interfaces.
You will be providing UX/UI and Interaction design and documentation for various aspects of the game, UI Design system, and be a part of the implementation.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Work on the UI design (Flows, Menus and HUDs) to meet design goals
- Create Prototypes and documentation
- Work closely with UX Specialists and Game Designers to create the structure and user journey of the game interfaces while ensuring to maintain a hierarchy of information and clear communication
- Work closely with UI artists and UI engineers to deliver the best possible consistent user experience while staying within the engine’s technical requirements
- Take an active role in implementation and feature delivery and test the integration of features in the game
- Actively participate in qualitative review meetings
- Iterate quickly based on feedback from users or raised by the development team
- Experienced: you have a background in graphic design/interaction design/HCI related area. You have experience in a video game industry or equivalent, as a UX/UI Designer;
- Competent: you are efficient and methodical, and you understand the technical issues related to game development, particularly in terms of game engine/editors;
- Informed: You are up to date with the latest UX/UI developments and you make a point of staying up to date. You are also aware of news and trends in the video game industry;
- You have a solid grasp of ergonomic principles applied to video games
- You are expert with prototyping and rapid iteration based on feedback received.
- You are proficient with prototyping tool such as Axure, Adobe XD, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator (or other software for creating functional flowcharts, wireframes or mock-ups).
- You have basic knowledge of programming or scripting;
- Team player: you like to work in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team with varied profile and from different studios. You are able to communicate effectively with individuals with varied profiles in English
- Resourceful: you are motivated by learning new internal tools and you are not discouraged by regular change;
- Strong compositing skills, experiences with video editing tools (After Effects, Premiere, etc…) and are the capability of integrating motion graphics or videos into the UI design
We aim to have a wide and diverse range of profiles within our studio; thus, we are looking forward to being surprised by your application. The most important quality for us is to be a strong team player with a resilient and positive attitude.
What we want to offer you:
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels inspired, empowered and connected. We believe developers do their best work when they feel empowered. We thus aim to give you a lot of autonomy. In return, we expect you to be self-responsible and stay on top of your game by continuously developing your skills. Furthermore, we know it is important for a developer to feel comfortable. With that in mind, we aim to provide a variety of everyday benefits which we hope will help you feel great including:
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care, company pension scheme
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
- Mobility Budget for public transportation, bike leasing or car park spots
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal. Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to join us.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.berlin.ubisoft.com.