Gameplay Animator - Assassin's Creed Valhalla (M/F)
- Bordeaux, France
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players' lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge. Take entertainment to the next level, join us and create the unknown!
Ubisoft Bordeaux works with passion on the biggest AAA's and aims to offer the best gaming experiences for our players. Today, our studio counts more than 270 talents from 15 different nationalities and is working on licenses such as Assassin’s Creed, Rainbow Six, Beyond Good & Evil 2, but also on mobile games, as well as exciting technologies with Harbour team, our Ubisoft's online service group, and the Streaming team.
Ubisoft Bordeaux is looking for an talented and experienced Gameplay Animator to join our team on Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
As a Gameplay Animator, you will be responsible for creating and implementing high quality and responsive character based animation – using both keyframe and mocap data. Gameplay animators work very closely with gameplay designers and programmers. So great communication and technical implementation knowledge is crucial, as you actively participate in animation system design and issue resolution. You will be able to be think creatively and enthusiastically, collaborating with the Animation Leads, and other studio development teams, creating outstanding animation that is in-line with the project vision and animation direction.
· Worked on a minimum of 1 or 2 delivered game titles
· Have a great working knowledge of State Machines/Animation graph setups/systems
· Experienced in engine integration and animation debug
· Experienced in Motion editing and manipulating Motion Capture Data
· Have proven Animation skills (body mechanics, weight, timing, great posing and a good eye for in-game composition)
· Have a great understanding of quality vs gameplay
· Good time management skills a must
· Be autonomous and proactive
· Great communication and a passion for Games Animation
· Ability to communicate in English
· Software experience - MotionBuilder advantageous
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
- Phone Interview
- Interview with our internal teams
- Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer. According to the sanitary measures related to COVID-19, all interviews will be held by visioconference and every employee can partially work from home.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.