Lead Development Tester [Anno] (f/m/d)
- Mainz, Germany
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.
The Anno series delivers a rich city-building experience and provides players ample opportunities to create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistic networks, explore and settle new lands and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade or warfare. Our team is now looking for a talented Lead Development Tester (f/m/d) to join us at Ubisoft Mainz in Germany.
In this role, your primary mission is to lead a team of testers and work with developers, artists, and designers to ensure the quality and stability of new features and game content.
Your responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage a team of development testers
- Follow up and evaluate the work of your team
- Identify risks and provide relevant solutions to complex problems
- Actively work with other team leads and facilitate the information flow
- Manage and forecast the devtest resource needs for the project
- Manage and update project test plans
- Act as a communication link between development and QC teams
- Create, monitor and control metrics impacting product and team quality
- Lead, connect and partner with teams across Ubisoft towards quality initiatives
- Coach and develop leadership talent across the department for succession planning
- Estimate, prioritize, and manage your team’s tasks
- Commit to meeting team objectives
- Relevant experience as a team lead of 2+ years
- Shipped multiple titles as a test lead
- Understanding of general testing methodologies, processes and terminology
- Knowledge of game production process and workflows
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both in written and spoken English
- Autonomous and proactive attitude
- Time-management and organizational skills
- Open minded problem-solver
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Knowledge of gaming platforms (Xbox One, PS4, PC, etc)
- Experience with MS Office, Confluence, Sharepoint
- Proficiency in defect & test case management tools (e.g. JIRA, TestRail)
Nice to have:
- Experience with automation test methods
- Familiarity with Ubisoft's line of products and services
- Certification in any of the following: PMP, Scrum Master, ISTQB-ATM
- Experience working in global teams
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the Mainz region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, a cover letter including your earliest starting date, your salary expectations and why you would like to join us.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/