Engineering Studio Developer (C++)
- Bucharest, Romania
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
The Engineering Studio team is looking for a developer that will work on various projects for different platforms like porting games on new consoles, cloud gaming (Google Stadia for example), patching and remastering games, making games compilations and game localization (development of Asian version, etc.).
Your main mission:
- Succeeding a project efficiently alone or with a team;
- Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements in mind;
- Optimization and debugging;
- Establish responsible deadlines and team estimations, managing your time effectively;
- Ensure the smooth communication with the similar production teams worldwide (with both technical and non-technical parties).
What You’ll Bring as Experience:
- 4 years of experience or more in Software Development in C++ .
What you’ll bring as a Colleague:
- Strong communication skills;
- Rigorous, well organized;
- Ability to work as a team member as well as autonomously;
- Ability to take initiatives;
- Inquisitive and ability to work in a fast paced environment;
- Gamer on different consoles or PC;
- Fluent in English, French is a definite plus.
Nice to have:
- Good knowledge of C#, Asp, PHP, Visual Basic, Python;
- Render programming (DirectX, OpenGL, Vulkan, Shader languages)
- Network programming
- Some experience on Linux development (graphics, sound);
- Knowledge of Jira, Perforce;
- Knowledge of general game structure and game files on different platforms as well as burning/copy tools and protections;
- General knowledge of Image File formats/Sound File formats/Movie File formats;
- General knowledge of Windows OS internals (Registry/OS Files and Folders structure/Tweaks);
- Knowledge of games on consoles, in multiplayer mode and Online Consoles Stores;
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, gym, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.