Front Developer (F/M)
- 93100 Montreuil, France
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players' lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you will grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with.
The Ubisoft Strategic Innovation Lab is a “think & do tank” reporting directly to Ubisoft’s CEO, Yves Guillemot. Its mission is to prepare Ubisoft to the future of entertainment by exploring social and technical changes to keep the pace of innovation of the gaming industry. To investigate and build the future, the Lab links foresight researches to quick prototyping and deeper exploration when needed.
Convinced that a multidisciplinary team is best suited to dig into medium term and long-term trends, the Lab brings together various profiles such as neuroscientist, sociologist, philosopher, marketing experts, engineer, developers, tech artist, dev ops…
In 2019 one of the Lab’s deep explorations was at the origin of the Blockchain Initiative, a team dedicated to look for blockchain opportunities for Ubisoft and the gaming industry at large. Our mission is to build internal solution, prototypes and products. The B.I. is also working closely with the blockchain ecosystem, thanks to the Ubisoft Entrepreneurs Lab program, a startup incubator in Paris, allowing us to co-create innovative experiences based on startups’ technology or products.
As a front-end developer you will be involved in the development of prototypes, products or services within the blockchain initiative. You will work hand in hand with a game designer and a UX/UI designer to make innovative products accessible to an audience of early adopters.
- Develop scalable frontend solutions according to the team’s roadmap
- Provide support to team members and programmers from other working units whenever required
- Put your creative mind at work to contribute to innovative prototypes and products
- Share your vision of the future of the web
- Experienced in RESTful API and GraphQL API consumption, caching, error handling
- Experienced with working with UX designer using tools such as Zeppelin
- Knowledge of development tools like Git, NPM, Yarn, Docker… is a plus
- Experienced in Unity and mobile development might help
- Knowledge in Web3 is a plus
- Open to explore new frontiers such as Web3, blockchain, and other innovative technology
- Ability to work as part of team with good communication & interpersonal skills
- Very good problem solving& troubleshooting skills
- Attention to details
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Fast learner
- Good English skills
If you want to join us in this permanent position at our International HQ based in Montreuil don’t hesitate to send us your application.
Joining Ubisoft means joining a company that was selected as a Great Place to Work (6th best in France in 2018), which for us is more than a mere title. With us you get all the good vibes and energy you can find in a startup, coupled with all the advantages of a big company:
1 month paternity & co-parent leave
A workplace team dedicated to making your daily work experience at Ubisoft the best it can be: breakfasts on Mondays, rest areas, gaming areas, free hot drinks and fresh fruit, discounts on shows, just to name a few.
Plus many more for you to find out…
If you want the job and think you have the required qualifications, you just have to apply via SmartRecruiters. We will get back to you within 3 weeks and if indeed your profile is a match, we will organize a 20-30 minute phone call, which may be followed by several interviews.
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our players’ community.