- Da Nang, Vietnam
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world.
Located in Da Nang, Vietnam, a hotbed for tech and culture, and one of the best cities to live in Asia, the newest studio focuses on developing “Instant Games”, powered by HTML 5 technology, for several social platforms. This new playstyle has boomed significantly on social media on a worldwide scale boasting today millions of daily users. Ubisoft Da Nang is collaborating with several subsidiary studios to bring existing franchise on new mobile games and platforms.
By bringing the best creative and engineering talents from Vietnam, SEA and the World together, and allowing them to thrive in a dynamic and modern international work and living environment, Ubisoft Da Nang is the place to be to begin your journey in game development or take the big next step in your career.
We are looking for talents to work on the brand-new mid-core projects for Ubisoft Danang Studio. You will work closely with technical director and other programmers, as well as with other disciplines to fully create the prototypes and enhance the innovate gameplay features.
- Create, debug, maintain, and optimize the game’s engine, editor, and related tools used for the game’s development.
- Offer technical solutions, innovate and improve the quality of implementation, performance, and usability of the editor, tools, and toolchain as a whole
- Keep the existing engine and tools up to date by the latest changes occurred in the development pipeline (e.g. new SDKs or middleware versions)
- Implement new game features and services in close partnership with the content team of the project
- Improve existing game features based on design requests
- Be involved with rapid prototyping of new gameplay features
- Develop the client-side components for highly scalable multiplayer games
- Write technical design documents, for milestones and internal use.
- 2+ years professional experience in game development
- Several years of hands-on experience with Unity3D engine (editor and scripting)
- Solid knowledge of C# and its related structures, design patterns and methodologies
- Good knowledge of gameplay programming
- Experience in delivering cross-platform mobile games for Android / iOS and their associated technologies (Xcode, Android Studio, etc).
- Availability to work with new APIs and concepts
- Experience using HTTP/REST APIs to communicate with backend server a plus
- Experience with Photon or other long-connection real-time multiplayer technologies (such as Websockets/Socket.io) a plus
- At least working understanding of 3D math (matrices, vectors, quaternions)
- Able and interested to work a “rapid iteration” development environment
- Able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties
- Experience integrating third-party SDKs/APIs such as social networks, analytics, advertising etc.
Why it's great to work at Ubisoft Danang:
- An international, professional, collaborative, modern and creative environment
- Attractive remuneration package
- Performance rewards
- Free access to Ubisoft PC games
- Creative & endless fun projects
- Flexible working time
- Premium healthcare insurance
- Team building, Lunar New year Celebration, Projects celebration
- Beers and treats every Friday (yay!)
- Staff clubs
- Free in-house entertainment facilities (PS4, Switch, Arcade Machine…), coffee, tea and fresh fruits