Online Infrastructure Engineer/Site Reliability Engineer [Avatar Project / Tom Clancy's The Division 2]
- Malmö, Sweden
As an Online Infrastructure Engineer / Site Reliability Engineer, you will be part of the development team for Tom Clancy’s The Division™ and Avatar Project. You will be working with some of the latest technologies and methodologies to design, implement and maintain these games infrastructure as well as other interesting infrastructure projects. Your primary role will be to design, implement and operate a global scale game server infrastructure for highly anticipated AAA online games. You will work closely with stakeholders in the team and operators within the Ubisoft group across the globe to help ship a great online experience for our players using the latest technologies available.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager / cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Designing and implementing a highly scalable and resilient game server infrastructure
- Managing and automating the deployment pipeline of Tom Clancy's The Division™ and Avatar game services
- R&D activities aimed at improving gaming experience for millions of players
- Working closely with game developers on related initiatives
- Consulting on the game's software and data architecture to ensure maximum infrastructure scalability
- Managing incidents and partake in the on-call rotation
You as a person
You are a pragmatic trouble shooter with an eye for details. You enjoy working with a small close team, open to new ideas, while actively looking for the best solution to the task at hand. You have strong technology capabilities combined with passion, creativity and resourcefulness. You are comfortable working autonomously as well as a good communicator that works well in a team. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Cloud service providers such as Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure
- Linux system administration
- Development with either Python, Go or Rust
- Configuration management and automation tools such as Saltstack or Ansible
- Infrastructure orchestration with Terraform
- Service and infrastructure monitoring tools such as Grafana, Stackdriver, Datadog and ELK stack
- Proficient with Git/Gitlab
- InfluxDB or other time series database solutions
- RDBMS such as PostgreSQL
Good to know As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check-out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.