- Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Who we are
Ubisoft Winnipeg is a studio with a unique mission: develop new technologies and tools that will change the way we build video game worlds. We are the only Ubisoft studio focused on exploring the unknown to develop technology that empowers game creators at studios around the world to build even better, more immersive worlds across our major brands such as Far Cry, Assassin’s Creed and Watch_Dogs.
Who you are
As an Audio Programmer, you will be responsible for implementing features related to all aspects of in-game audio. You will also be working closely with other teams to establish requirements and to provide tools and audio systems for the game. You believe in our studio’s core values and want to be part of a collaborative team.
What you’ll do
- Conduct audio improvements for the pipeline tools and develop new features related to the audio design requirements.
- Learn in-house audio tools and participate in their development with the core tech group.
- Long term goals are to participate in the growth of a strong audio programmer community in the Winnipeg studio.
What you bring
At Ubisoft Winnipeg, we look for more than work experience, education or training alone. You have programming experience, but more importantly, a deep passion to build and create.
We want to hear from people with:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering or equivalent training or experience;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in general programming, preferably in audio programming;
- Strong C/C++/C# language skills;
- Hand-on experience with audio middleware (ex: Miles, FMOD, Wwise, etc.);
- Understanding of audio technical concepts (ex: Mixing, Sample rates, Data compression, Filters, Reverbs, 3D positional audio, etc.);
Any of the following would be an asset:
- Game development experience on an AAA title an asset;
- Interest in tools, audio pipe line and audio 3D rendering, knowledge in DSP algorithm;
- Experience with Max MSP;
- Knowledge in granular syntheses;
- Knowledge in audio Occlusion /propagation;
- Knowledge in Ambisonic format is a plus;
- Passion for audio programming;
- Passion for technology;
- Creativity and resourcefulness;
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change;
- Sense of Initiative;
- Teamwork skills;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills, and anything else (GitHub, examples of projects) you think we might find helpful
A real live person will review your application, in this case Carolina. While we’re doing that, get to know our studio and our team a bit more:
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with. Whether as an elite spy, a master assassin, or a fearless explorer, we put the player at the heart of all our games.
We believe our diversity is our strength. We recognize and celebrate a variety of perspectives, opinions, opportunities, and voices. We embrace our differences and draw from them to build our collaborative family culture.