Assistant Consumer & Market Insights Analyst
- Montreal, QC, Canada
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement and a supportive learning environment.
(6 months contract)
The Consumer & Market Knowledge (CMK) department is a HQ entity whose main mission is to provide its internal partners with the keys to understand the players, the market, the evolutions & long-term trends of our environment in order to support decisions that are as informed, strategic and operational as possible.
Within the CMK team and more specifically in the Production division, you contribute to deepening the knowledge of our markets and our consumers in order to guide the development of our products and the marketing and growth strategy of our brands.
Reporting to a CMK manager, you will provide strategic advice to Production Teams (Development Studios).
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to studies and strategic recommendations for the HQ and production teams throughout the lifecycle of a research project;
- Support Senior Analysts during the implementation of consumer research studies: writing a research brief, designing questionnaires, preparing stimuli, monitoring the field, verifying and analyzing results, drafting summaries and preparing recommendations;
- Take part in the presentations of the study results to a varied audience mainly made up of decision-makers from production teams: creative direction, brand, monetization, etc;
- Be in constant communication with the other members of the CMK team in their respective areas: Market Strategy, Business, Mobile and Data Science;
- Monitor studies’ fields in Europe and the United States and collaborate with our CMK teams in France during workshops and training.
What you bring:
- Marketing or social sciences master’s degree.
- You have a first experience in a company, ideally in the media and entertainment industry.
- You write and speak French and English fluently.
- You are proficient in Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of SPSS or equivalent is an asset.
- You have a strong ability to analyze, organize and make sense of information is required. You have an excellent ability to structure and synthesize presentations.
- You like to combine all the data sources available (study results, analytical data from players, forums, communities, etc.) to obtain the right insights and make strategic recommendations to internal clients.
- Passionate about video games, you play regularly and have a good understanding of video games culture, community dynamics and interest in the world of competitive games / esports.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.