Intermediate/Senior Engine Programmer [Skull & Bones] (f/m/d)
- Berlin, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. We have development studios in 28 countries and sell video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, state of the art video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", “The Settlers”, “Anno”, “Far Cry” and many more.
The youngest studio in the network, Ubisoft Berlin is set to continue contributing to this impressive line-up and will be working on AAA Co-Development projects together with international Ubisoft teams.
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
At Ubisoft Berlin, we are steadily growing. We are collaborating on the award-winning “Far Cry” series together with international Ubisoft teams, but also on an yet unannounced project and we are paving the way for even more!
As a newly established Ubisoft studio, we have an ambitious but humble approach to the contribution we want to bring to AAA game development in Germany. We are committed to excellence; we want to dedicate ourselves to delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that will empower our players and make them feel part of the worlds, we create.
We encourage an autonomous and entrepreneurial mindset tailored to our highly motivated talents to create experiences that leave a mark in the games industry as a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and dynamic cities in the world!
As an Engine Programmer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining low-level systems and overall architecture. You will be working on multiple platforms and in areas such as performance, memory management, loading, streaming, physics, audio, platform specific systems, etc.
Further responsibilities include:
- Profiling & definition of performance/memory budgets
- Maintain engines, tools and other components
- Integration of 3rd party solutions & branches into engines
- Multiple years of professional experience in Engine Programming
- Excellent knowledge in C++
- Many years of experience in creating memory friendly, cache efficient and optimized code in a multithreaded environment
- Experience in programming robust and efficient code
- Experience in integrating middleware solutions into existing engines
- Able to work with CPU and Memory profiling tools
- Strong ability for analyzing and extending an existing codebase
- Very Good debugging and problem solving skills
- Having a critical and analytical sense
- Ability to work in large teams distributed all over the world
- Excellent communication skills in general, as well as written and spoken English
- Curiosity about cutting edge technology and the desire to expand and share new insights
Nice to have
- Familiarity with low level APIs of different consoles
- Interest and experience with graphics APIs
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer science or any other relevant discipline
What we want to offer you:
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels inspired, empowered and connected. We believe people do their best work when they feel empowered. We thus aim to give you a lot of autonomy. In return, we expect you to be self-responsible and stay on top of your game by continuously developing your skills. Furthermore, we know it is important for an employee to feel comfortable. With that in mind, we aim to provide a variety of everyday benefits which we hope will help you feel great including:
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care, company pension scheme
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
For further information please check bluebyte.de and berlin.ubisoft.com