Network Programmer (C++) - Multiplayer Engine
- Montreal, Canada
When you’re a Network Programmer at Ubi Montreal, you have direct influence over the quality of the game’s online experience. You are entrusted with developing the game’s low-level network features, the multiplayer engine, and optimizing network performance. You’re part of a team that holds the player’s connected experience at the core of its mission.
The Multiplayer Engine team at Ubisoft's Montreal Technology Group is currently looking for a senior programmer to join its team. Duties will include helping the team to improve multiplayer engines used at Ubisoft and providing direct support to our current and future clients with the challenges and problems encountered in their multiplayer productions.
As a dependable member of a cohesive online team, you will participate in the design, coding, testing, integration and debugging of the game’s networking and multiplayer engine features. You care about providing our players with the ultimate multiplayer experience they deserve.
What you'll do
- Improve, develop, maintain and debug our multiplayer engines.
- Improve, develop, maintain and debug our automated test suites and tools.
- Help productions find solutions to their challenges.
- Offer quality and timely support to productions using our products.
- Evaluate effort and risk factors of decisions and changes.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest multiplayer and networking technologies.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or software engineering
- Minimum 5 years of development experience with :
-C++ using Visual Studio
-Distributed systems and networking
-Design patterns and UML
- Work experience on a multiplayer game project a definite plus
- Work experience on game consoles a definite plus
- C# and Python experience a plus
- Marked interest in multiplayer online games
- Autonomous and able to work under minimal supervision
- Attention to details
- Embrace change in work organization
- Team player
- Able to find creative solutions and alternatives
- Willing to relocate to Montreal, Canada
- Willing to travel occasionally to customer offices
- Have excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- Short-term availability
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.