Render Programmer [Snowdrop]
- Malmö, Sweden
Working on our render team, your primary focus will be on implementing and maintaining the various core render systems of our in-house engine Snowdrop™. As a render programmer you will be part of a friendly team working with multiple hardware platforms. You will be expected to work in close collaboration with other programmers, designers, artists and testers to craft high quality, scalable solutions that bring Snowdrop and its various titles to an even higher visual and performance standard.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden and require working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message/ cover letter to the hiring manager in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Designing, implementing, and iterating on new and existing render systems
- Working with C++ and shader programming
- Developing features for multiple platforms and different hardware capabilities
- Awareness of performance and memory footprints of different approaches or techniques
You as a person
To suit this position you have a passion and dream for creating efficient and beautiful computer graphics. You are self-motivated and value quality in everything you do and have a good attention to detail. You are creative and delight in overcoming technical limitations and solving difficult problems. Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- 4+ years of experience with C++ programming and debugging in the video games industry, ideally with focus on PS4/XBOX one/GCN
- Intimately familiar with various graphics APIs (DirectX 11/12, OpenGL, Vulkan) and associated shader languages
- Experience with performance critical programming
- Thorough knowledge of 3D mathematics, rendering algorithms, and data structures
- Ability to accurately predict task duration and understand dependencies
- Experience with general purpose computations on GPU's
- Experience with GPU performance analysis and tools
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. In the meantime, why not take a look at the videos posted below.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.