Senior SFX Artist
- Shanghai, China
About Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2018-19 fiscal year Ubisoft generated Net Bookings of €2,029 million.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 600+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com
- Assist Art Director in setting and maintaining visual standards for game play and art direction
- Collaborate with artists, designers and programmers to achieve all kinds of visual effects
- Follow concept art, story boards, written descriptions, and scripts to prototype and implement FX in game.
- Maintain and optimize guidelines and quality standards for the art department
- Create and develop game assets including geometry, full screen, and surface shader effects from inception to final review on the target hardware within the game engine.
- Create and optimize particle effects, including: natural phenomena such as rain or wind, explosions, destruction, smoke, and fire.
- Organize workflow to stay on schedule
- Ability to communicate intent with prototypes or concept art, coupled with a creative mindset
- 5 years experiences in game industry or related industry
- Shipped at least 1 product on next GEN platforms as SFX Artist (preferred)
- Excellent in Houdini, high level in 3D and 2D software such as Maya, 3DSMax, Photoshop, or related.
- Experience in any game engine, and/or real-time FX software such as PopcornFX.
- Strong design theory (color theory, composition, etc) a plus
- Strong scripting skills (MaxScript, Python, HLSL) a plus
- Good understanding of a variety of artistic styles, traditional art skills
- Excellent sense of scale, detail, form and texture
- Strong communication (good written English, basic oral English), teamwork and quick learning
Ubisoft, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a Digital Sales Specialist for its STORE Digital Publishing. This individual will report to the Digital Sales Manager, and will be responsible for supporting the daily activities of Ubisoft STORE, and assisting in the management of our games. He/She will be a highly-organized, detail-attentive and driven self-starter, and will collaborate with marketing department and HQ STORE team to maximize sales of new and existing digital PC content.