Intermediate/Senior Graphics Programmer [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
- Berlin, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, state of the art video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", “The Settlers”, “Anno”, “Far Cry” and many more.
The newly established Ubisoft Berlin studio is set to continue contributing to this impressive line-up and will be working on AAA Co-Development projects together with international Ubisoft teams.
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
At Ubisoft Berlin, we are steadily growing. We are collaborating on the award-winning “Far Cry” series together with international Ubisoft teams, but also on an unannounced project and we are paving the way for even more!
As a newly established Ubisoft studio, we have an ambitious but humble approach to the contribution we want to bring to AAA game development in Germany. We are committed to excellence; we want to dedicate ourselves to delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that will empower our players and make them feel part of the worlds, we create.
We encourage an autonomous and entrepreneurial mindset tailored to our highly motivated talents to create experiences that leave a mark in the games industry as a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and dynamic cities in the world!
As Intermediate/Senior Graphics Programmer, your mission will be to develop and maintain graphics techniques within the engine to create the best visuals possible.
Further responsibilities include:
- Develop, extend and manage the rendering technology for the game
- Optimize existing rendering technology
- Collaborate with other Ubisoft studios to extend the capabilities of our inhouse rendering technology
- Develop rendering systems that enhance the visual quality, are scalable and fit into defined budgets
- Establish and maintain workflows that allows the content teams to use the developed systems
- Multiple years of professional experience as graphics programmer
- Knowledge of a broad range of rendering algorithms, special effects and related technology
- Knowledge of graphics APIs (D3D11/OpenGL) and shading languages (HLSL/GLSL)
- Ability to use graphics profiling and debugging tools (RenderDoc/nSight/console tools)
- Strong skills in C/C++
- Strong ability for analyzing and extending existing codebase
- Very good debugging and problem solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with the content teams to reach the highest possible visual quality
- Being a team player by heart
- Self-direction and motivation
- Excellent communication and good English skills
Nice to have:
- Console experience
- Worked on your own 3D engine
- Knowledge of low-level graphics APIs(D3D12/Vulkan)
- Interest in recent development in graphics (Async compute, RTX, …)
What we want to offer you:
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels inspired, empowered and connected. We believe developers do their best work when they feel empowered. We thus aim to give you a lot of autonomy. In return, we expect you to be self-responsible and stay on top of your game by continuously developing your skills. Furthermore, we know it is important for a developer to feel comfortable. With that in mind, we aim to provide a variety of everyday benefits which we hope will help you feel great including:
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care, company pension scheme
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal.
For further information please check bluebyte.de and berlin.ubisoft.com