Lead Gameplay Systems Designer - Action [Unannounced Project]
- Stockholm, Sweden
Do you stay up late into the night tweaking your character builds? Do you find yourself applauding board games over a novel mechanic? This is your chance to define the gameplay systems of the decade!
We are looking for a Lead Gameplay Systems Designer within Action gameplay to lead our game design team in an ambitious unannounced project here in Stockholm Sweden.
As our Lead Gameplay Systems Designer, you’ll understand the fundamentals of system design and be able to set vision for and deliver on core progression gameplay loops. You’ll adjust and balance design and game mechanics to bring imaginary concepts into play. During our production phase, you’ll alternate between a resolution of high detail and high level. You’ll drive the full development cycle of your area and identify how all elements work together and refine them to uncover game experiences that are as immersive as they are fluid for our players.
We know you have fantastical powers and for us it is important you get to show your magic. To do this, we are creating strong autonomous teams with independent decision-making, and freedom to try out new things and show why it works. For us it is important that you get to shine by being creative: to take deliberate decisions, poke hole in things when required, to make new mistakes and care for your craft by honoring your commitments.
In this role, you’ll join a team of Lead Gameplay Designers and will report directly to the Game Director. Collaborating within your craft, but also cross-functionally, you will direct and generate briefs for a team of complementary skills and abilities to deliver design ready to be experienced.
- Design functionality according to our design direction and creative vision, e.g. game modes, session to session interactions, player role dynamics, skill/talent progression systems, character customization, and any other core game systems
- Lead a multidisciplinary team through the full development cycle
- Collaborate with transversal teams to integrate required features
- Develop and iterate on prototypes and evaluate performance
- Account for technical and production constraints
- Identify and manage risk & uncertainty associated with action gameplay
- Create and maintain design documentation to guide collaborating teams
- Ensure the follow-up after launch in order to improve, add or sunset features
- In collaboration with other mechanics supervisors, drives core action gameplay of the game universe through mid-term and long-term progression
- You have significant experience as a game designer on mechanics for action gameplay (skills, progression, game modes, etc.) on AAA action games
- You’re a natural leader who understands many aspects of game development and able to unite a multidisciplinary team behind a creative vision
- You know how to visualize behaviors and game situations on paper and best practices for prototyping iteratively
- You’re curious while analytical, alert to new developments and trends and know how to best propose changes by adhering to consumer expectations
- You’ve good understanding of how to communicate effectively and know when to question yourself
- You are used to working in an international environment and to express yourself fluently in English.
Apply now to make it yours!
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.
Read more about us at: https://careers.ubisoftstockholm.com/