Audio Tester Intern (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", "James Cameron's Avatar", “Beyond Good & Evil 2", "Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
We are currently seeking a motivated and skilled Audio Tester Intern (f/m/d) to join the Audio Department at Ubisoft Blue Byte in Düsseldorf for 6 months. If you have a passion for audio, love video games and want to work in a friendly and international environment, come join our team!
The Audio Tester Intern will support the development of multiple titles by identifying sound anomalies before and after their integration into the game under the supervision of an Audio Tester.
Specific tasks include:
- Debugging various game audio elements (SFX, music, foley, voices & ambiences)
- Follow the established testing workflows
- Ensure the audio is of a consistently high quality
- Perform daily tests to ensure the quality and functionality of new and old content and features is upheld
- Report and monitor issues (bugs) in bug databases
- Verify fixes made by developers (Bug Regression)
- Collaborate closely with Audio Designers and Programmers to understand and test features
- A passion for Audio
- A passion for video games (knowledge of different game genres, consoles and platforms)
- Keen eye for detail and patience to perform accurate testing at all times.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient English language skills, both written and verbal
- Reliable organizational and time management skills
- Analytical and critical approach
- Creative thinker
- Solution and result oriented
- Must be a team player
- Previous experience in testing games and tracking bugs
- Experience with issue tracking tools (JIRA preferred)
- Knowledge of Game audio Middleware (Wwise or Fmod)
- Knowledge of at least one Game Engine (e.g. Unreal or Unity)
- Previous Sound Design or Music Composition Experience
- Experience with a DAW
- 12 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the opportunity to demonstrate personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application should include your resume, portfolio and cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation.
For further information please check bluebyte.ubisoft.com and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
Luise-Rainer Str. 7