Audio Director (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", "James Cameron's Avatar", “Beyond Good & Evil 2", "Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
Due to continued sustainable growth in our audio department, we are now accepting applications for a suitably qualified and motivated Audio Director (f/m/d) to deliver a creative audio vision for several AAA projects.
This position will be located at Ubisoft Düsseldorf.
You will be responsible for establishing and executing an audio vision for various projects through all phases of development. This will be done within the pipelines and rules of the Audio Service Department and you will represent and defend the vision by keeping close contact with all other directors and stakeholders.
Further responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establish and communicate the audio vision and department needs to the entire project team
- Align the Audio Vision with the Audio Department Head
- Collaborate closely with the Creative Director of the project
- Work with the creative team and IP partners to establish the audio vision and technical goals.
- Directing the audio team to create and implement all the project’s audio assets.
- Collaborate with tech directors to design and implement audio tools and processes
- Multiple years of experience in audio for video games
- Experience shipping AAA games in a lead, senior, or director audio role
- Extensive knowledge of industry-standard audio tools.
- World class expertise in audio recording production techniques
- Experience with Wwise
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in an Audio Service Environment is a bonus
- Multiple shipped titles as a game audio director is a bonus
- Demonstrated talents as a musician or composer is a bonus
- Demonstrated talent as a voice director is a bonus
- Experience leading voiceover, location, or Foley recording sessions is a bonus
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the opportunity to demonstrate personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application should include your resume, portfolio and cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation.
For further information please check bluebyte.ubisoft.com and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
Luise-Rainer Str. 7