Foley Art Intern (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", "James Cameron's Avatar", “Beyond Good & Evil 2", "Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
We are commited to creating innovative, high-quality gaming experiences. To help us achieve this goal, we are looking for an Foley Art Intern (f/m/d).
This position will be located at Ubisoft Düsseldorf.
The Foley Art Intern will assist in performing, recording and preparing the raw audio material for one or more games under the supervision of the Senior Foley Artist, Audio Director and the Audio Designers.
Further responsibilities include:
Perform and prepare content as audio assets ready for implementation.
Perform in sync to picture (cut scenes, trailers…etc.)
Edit, clean, and master sound effects with plugins and restoration plugins (if needed).
Organize and sort recordings with metadata into libraries.
- Relevant training, or experience producing Foley and sound effects for linear media and/or interactive media
- Basic skills in various DAWs (Nuendo (is preferred), Pro Tools, Reaper…)
- Basic knowledge of standard plugins treatment and restoration plugins (Izotope RX preferred)
- Playing a musical instrument or being a performer is a plus
- Knowledge of library organization, metadata, and naming conventions is a plus
- Knowledge of game audio implementation principles is a plus
- Experience with Perforce is a plus
- Driving licence is a plus
- Good knowledge of standard software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Confluence/Wiki
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- 12 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the opportunity to demonstrate personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application should include your resume, portfolio and cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation.
For further information please check bluebyte.ubisoft.com and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
Luise-Rainer Str. 7