Mission Designer - VR [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", "James Cameron's Avatar", “Beyond Good & Evil 2", "Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
We are now accepting applications for Mission Scripter - VR [Unannounced Project]. We are building a brand-new team to work on an unannounced AAA VR project. You will work on cutting-edge VR technology, on one of Ubisoft’s greatest IP’s which will be developed across multiple studios. Join us today to shape the future of VR!
As a Level Designer focused on mission scripting you will join our AAA Unannounced VR Project at Ubisoft Düsseldorf. This position will involve the practical implementation of all missions into the game world, based on the creative and narrative vision.
You will use your experience and technical skills to create memorable and versatile missions and guide the player within the game world.
- Create missions and mission flows
- Build immersive gameplay scenarios from start to finish
- Iterate your levels and missions throughout production from conception to the final experience
- Maintain and balance the readability, difficulty and accessibility of the levels
- Rapidly prototype missions within engine to test out new ideas, gameplay systems and modes
- Work within multi-discipline teams to build towards a high quality product
- Prototype the mission flows, use and improve the existing level layouts and suggest ways of using the interactive and non-interactive elements to create the desired emotions
- Manage an interesting and challenging mission flow
- Balance mission elements of high and low intensity
- Expand the possibilities presented by the game systems
- Ensure a good player on-map guidance and consistent difficulty level
- Document your missions in a readable way
- 2+ years of experience in game development and at least one shipped title
- Ability to create fun and exciting levels and missions using a complex array of mechanics
- Experience with various level editors and tools to create missions in AAA environment
- Ability to work in node based visual scripting
- Familiar with indoor or outdoor level design
- Solid knowledge of level design fundamentals
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Creativity, ability to challenge the player
- Portfolio with examples of your previous work/projects
- Knowledge of any scripting language or programming skills a plus
- Modding experience is a bonus
- Experience with game AI is a bonus
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 Days Paid Vacation Per Year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ Childcare Support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
If you want to grow with us and enjoy the game industry, we look forward to receiving your application including your availability, motivation and salary expectations.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Geschäftsführer: Yves Guillemot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB Nr. 51772