Technical Writer - VR [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", "James Cameron's Avatar", “Beyond Good & Evil 2", "Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
In order to continue delivering highly qualitative and innovative game plays we are looking for a motivated and passionate Technical Writer (f/m/d) that aspires to take games to the next level. In ambitious projects you will build up and maintain high-value productions as Developer in a multi-cultural team. With your experience, you are able to provide a strong technical background, collaborate with teams all around the world and support the team to create a great online services suite for Ubisoft Games (including AAA Games)!
This position requires relocation to the studio. (either Düsseldorf, Germany or Cary,US)
The Technical Writer is here to organize information, documentation & assets so that anyone working on the project can browse & access it easily. You will ensure key content is written & up to date for everyone on the project. The technical writer will also rely on content management standards & best practices within Ubisoft.
- Gathering team requirements regarding content & features needed on the project
- Identifying & organizing key content within the production. Ensure this content is formalized, structured, shared & accurate
- Define information architectures, taxonomies and metadata strategies (frameworks for grouping and tagging content);
- Defining the governance (access rights, workflows, archiving policy, etc.) and ensure it is respected and it is applied by all teams on the project
- Providing content templates in order to accompany users in their content creation process
- Enriching content with metadata & tags to improve content findability on the production
- Defining workflows to ensure content is always enriched by the right experts at the right time
- Archiving & cleaning content on an ongoing-basis in order to keep the workspace used & useful
- Relying on user feedback, statistics and benchmark in order to improve the workspace and the way content is organized.
- Supporting teams on a daily basis to manage more efficiently their content to improve collaboration & communication
- Training people on how to create, manage & access content
- Accompany newcomers in their content onboarding
- Relaying on the production to share useful content outside the project (KC, Portfolio) & reuse resources coming from other projects
- Evangelize content management best practices and support the evolution of content management ambassadors within the team.
- Prepare and facilitate content workshops with clients, stakeholders or/and end users;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in content or information management
- Knowledge of content management concepts and best practices
- Ability to balance strategic vision and tactical to-dos
- Detail oriented, self-starter (autonomous)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience working in fast-paced/agile environments
- Familiarity with SharePoint or Confluence a plus
- Experience with leading change management process a plus
- A bachelors or masters degree in Information Science, Journalism, Technical writing or Communications preferred
- 1 to 2 years of experience in a digital content management environment
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 Days Paid Vacation Per Year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ Childcare Support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
If you want to grow with us and enjoy the game industry, we look forward to receiving your application including your availability, motivation and salary expectations.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com.
Geschäftsführer: Yves Guillemot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf HRB Nr. 51772