Senior UI Technical Artist [Avatar Project]
- Malmö, Sweden
We’re embarking on an amazing journey, together with Lightstorm Entertainment and FoxNext Games, to the world of Pandora, developing a new cutting-edge game set on the beautiful and dangerous moon from the prominent Avatar film franchise.
As a Senior UI Technical Artist at Massive, you'll be the missing link between art and code, you'll work with industry-leading tools like our Snowdrop game engine, and collaborate with a team of UI/UX Designers, Artists, and Programmers to create some of the most advanced UI content ever seen in video games.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
- Creating UI for in-game screens, features, and content. Utilizing our node-based (visual scripting language) in Snowdrop
- Collaborating with all disciplines necessary to deliver features on time, in line with the art direction, and with the players best interest in mind
- Ensuring our UI is optimal with continual iteration and development
You as a person are friendly and approachable, you enjoy creating content and like to take the initiative. You've an eye for quality, learn quickly, and are always seeking to improve. You enjoy solving problems and are able to think both technically and artistically. You work well in a team and can communicate easily in English (our company language).
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant portfolio of your work (Ideally examples with a fluid/organic nature - remembering Pandora, "It's kinda the Garden of Eden with teeth and claws" James Cameron)
- Proven experience developing UI or a directly related field from a AAA production through to release
- An interest in accessibility and optimization
- Ability to find and debug issues within content
- Comfortable realizing content based on concepts and design
- A relevant degree in an Art/Tech field, or the equivalent work experience
- Command of various design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effect & 3D software)
- Experience with node-based, visual scripting game engines (e.g. Snowdrop, Unreal or Unity) is not required but a bonus qualification.
Good to know
We aim to build a team that continuously pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check out the videos posted below, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.