Internship, Technical Level Design [Avatar Project]
- Malmö, Sweden
We’re embarking on an amazing journey, together with Lightstorm Entertainment and FoxNext Games, to the world of Pandora, developing a new cutting-edge game set on the beautiful and dangerous moon from the prominent Avatar film franchise.
INTERNSHIP: 31st August 2020 - January/March 2021
As a Technical Level Design Intern you’ll be assigned a Lead, Mentor & collaborate with multiple disciplines (such as Level/Game Design and Tech Art), creating tools, processes, and guidelines to assist in the creation of our new Avatar game. You’ll learn to optimizes our Snowdrop engine to support development goals, collaborate on engine use, choose the best working methods based on design requirements and validate gameplay mechanics. Additionally, you’ll analyze the technical quality of deliveries from our Level Designers.
This is an unpaid internship based in Malmö Sweden and requires your presence on site. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/ cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the opportunity is posted.
You've an enthusiastic, inviting personality and are able to tackle problems head-on. You have full fluency in English (our company language) and you constantly strive to learn and improve, whilst being proactive and autonomous. You’re passionate about games, design and technology.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Eligible for internship (see below);
- Currently studying Game Design, Level Design, a similar field and/or equivalent practical experience;
- Experience with Game Engines and/or visual scripting (i.e. Unity or Unreal);
- Interest and passion for video games.
We're open to applications from students enrolled in a study program/school that we have a collaboration with. We accept applications from students all over the world, with the requirement that you are insured by your school, or privately, during the entire internship/thesis work.
We cannot take on students for a period of less than two months, students who attend high school or are under the age of 18.
What should I have in mind when applying for an internship?
- CV – Include the focus of your education and the name of your school/university, as well as when you’re graduating.
- Cover letter – State the dates for your internship (start/end), as well as your preferred area of focus during your internship.
- Credentials/grades – Include portfolio or other work samples depending on your area of expertise.
- Insurance – You need to prove that you are insured during the internship (a liability insurance as well as an accident at work insurance).
- Non Disclosure Agreement-setup – We have a strict NDA-setup, so if you are required to report to your school, you are responsible for making sure that the information shared does not compromise our NDA’s before accepting an internship with us.
Good to know
We aim to build a team that continuously pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in game development, and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us, we might ask you to complete a practical test as a part of the recruitment process.
We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check out the videos posted below and Internship FAQ here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are more than 650 people from 45+ different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.