- Helsinki, Finland
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki, one of the world’s most liveable cities. Along with the popular Trials series and the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer, we have developed and published more than 100 games on both mobile and console. That’s pretty unique! We’re a passionate team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Globally, that means over 17,000 enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings many benefits, including vast resources and support, plus getting to collaborate in large, exciting projects. Join us and create the unknown.
We are now looking for a
VFX Artist for our unannounced project
You will be responsible for creating astonishing visual effects aligning your work with the game’s artistic vision and technical possibilities. You will join a world-class AAA project where several Ubisoft studios have come together to explore new frontiers. We are looking for an Artist who is driven towards producing high-quality work and who always keeps up to date with the latest relevant tech. You have excellent skills in discussing ideas together and you enjoy seeing the whole team succeed.
We offer you a key position in an ambitious and large project where you have the opportunity to work with core content impacting the player experience. Your home base is RedLynx’s friendly studio where we are competent and focused without forgetting how to have fun, and you will have the opportunity to work with absolutely brilliant colleagues both in Finland and abroad.
- Produce high-quality effects in respect of the project’s technical and artistic constraints and possibilities
- Plan, estimate and prioritise your tasks and track progress using tracking tools
- Optimise work and maintain a balance between quality and performance
- Actively participate in developing ways of working and more efficient work methods
- Build relationships with Artists, Designers, Technical Artists and Programmers to facilitate effective collaboration during the asset production
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and ensure consistency of work within the team
- Share knowledge within the team and set practices, pipelines, and workflows together with others
Our dream candidate
- Has experience as a visual effects artist in the game industry and has been involved in shipping at least one game
- Has experience working within photo-realistic environments
- Has experience with real-time game engines and production pipelines
- Understands particle effect-based workflows and shader creation, from creation to optimization
- Uses Adobe Photoshop and/or After Effects for texture creation
- Understands node-based shaders and their creation
- Has an understanding of Physically Based Rendering and Linear workflows
- Has a strong understanding of modelling, texture mapping, materials and post-processing (colour grading etc.)
- Has used data management softwares (such as Perforce)
- Has knowledge of relevant 3D software with particular emphasis on fluid simulation
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Has strong problem-solving skills to deliver good results under technical constraints
- Experience using rigid body dynamics tools
- Good math skills
- A graduate degree in visual effects or other relevant training
- Experience in being part of at least one full project cycle on AAA console title
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Newly renovated office space next to the services of the city’s biggest shopping center & transportation hub Tripla, within an easy commute from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits, such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it :)
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods. And that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application, CV with your salary expectations. Please also send a portfolio displaying your best VFX work. The application period closes on August 2 but apply now because we will interview candidates during the application period and we can’t wait to meet you!