Audio Designer (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", "James Cameron's Avatar", “Beyond Good & Evil 2", "Ubisoft Escape Games", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
We are commited to creating innovative, high-quality gaming experiences. To help us achieve this goal, we are looking for an Audio Designer (f/m/d) who will be responsible for bringing our games to life with stunning, high quality animations.
This position will be located at Ubisoft Düsseldorf.
We are currently searching for experienced and motivated Audio Designer responsible for overseeing artistic and technical audio content for AAA Ubisoft brands under supervision of the Audio Director.
As the Audio Designer, your role will include Implementation of audio content (music, sound design, voiceover) into the game by using audio engines, game engines and tools.
Further Responsibilities include:
- Creation and enhancement of game features and gameplay mechanics with audio designs.
- Working closely with game and level designers to ensure that the audio design supports the game design.
- Working with various audio engine features, commercial wave editors and take an active role in improvement and bug-fixing.
- Working with audio software developers to bring needed functionality into the studio.
- Works closely with programmers to solve technical issues and to ensure a high quality soundscape.
- Defining features and tasks for projects.
- Ensures proper documentation using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Confluence/Wiki.
- Sound design including field recording, Foley, synthesis, library-work, etc.
- Research within audio databases for the whole production process.
- Mixing and mastering of linear media.
- Participate in the creation of the game at the creative level (with the lead designer, creative director, artistic director, etc.) to enhance the player’s immersion and experience.
- Take part in the assessment of the sound content that is not included in the game (e.g. trailer, teaser, marketing…) or develop this content in-house.
- Bachelor's Degree in Audio, Sound Design, Music or equivalent
- Excellent skills in Audio Engine Editors (Wwise (is preferred), FMOD...)
- Profound skills in various DAWs (Nuendo (is preferred), Cubase, Pro Tools, Logic…) and Audio Editing Tools (Wavelab, Soundforge…)
- Good skills in Game Engine Editors (Unity, Unreal...)
- At least 3+ years experience in a similar position
- Experience in Perforce is a plus
- Experience in scripting/coding (C++, C#, Java,…) is a plus
- Experience in 3D Software (Maya, 3DS Max) is a plus
- Very good communication and team skills
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly interesting challenge for a team player including the opportunity to demonstrate personal initiative. If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals in an international team, please apply via our career portal.
The application should include your resume, portfolio and cover letter detailing your earliest starting date, salary expectations and motivation.
For further information please check bluebyte.ubisoft.com and www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft Blue Byte GmbH
Luise-Rainer Str. 7