Generalist Programmer (Helix)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
As a Generalist Programmer at Ubi MTL, you'll join Helix, a team specialized in producing cinematics for the games developed by our Canadian studios, like Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow Six, For Honor, and many more.
Your expertise will help us set a new standard in the industry.
In this role within Helix, you’ll create and maintain the systems that make up the foundation of our cinematics. Plus, you’ll contribute to designing and implementing tools and pipelines.
You develop systems on a particularly large spectrum, from game engines to game editors or any middleware used by the team. Depending on needs, you might also work on a specific system (UI, 3D, sound, animation, etc.) and deliver tools that are stable, functional, efficient, and effective.
What you’ll do
- Develop generic systems to support the functionalities of specialist programmers (UI, 3D, sound, animation, etc.) + ensure their proper integration with other systems (engine, editor, or middleware).
- Support cinematics creators by making sure their tools meet their needs.
- Program in a clear and structured manner that is in keeping with performance, maintenance, modularity, scalability, and compatibility requirements.
- Monitor performance and memory budgets + make adjustments as required.
- Debug and optimize already existing systems.
- Document your work to foster knowledge sharing and help users understand how to use new systems and features.
What you bring
- An undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Around 4 years of programming experience with a focus on game engines and digital content creation tools (MotionBuilder, 3DS Max, Maya) or other relevant experience
- Proficiency in C++ and Python (basic understanding of C#)
- Knowledge of UI development and 3D programming
- Problem-solving and debugging skills and the ability to reverse engineer
- Good analysis and synthesis skills + attention to detail
- The capacity to work as part of a team + solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Autonomy, curiosity, and resourcefulness that motivate you to go talk to people
- Flexibility in the organization of your work, allowing you to adapt to changes
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your experience, education, and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Karin. As she learns more about you through your profile, get to know her through the video below.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.