Senior Lead Artist [Beyond Good And Evil 2] (f/m/d)
- Mainz, Germany
About Ubisoft Mainz
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. Operating from a historic city in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800 and lends decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects like Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege and the upcoming Beyond Good And Evil 2. More information at mainz.ubisoft.com.
Beyond Good And Evil 2 is an action-adventure sci-fi RPG set in the same universe as Ubisoft’s original cult classic. You can now join our crew at Ubisoft Mainz to help us shape this amazing project.
As Senior Lead Artist on our team, you will be responsible for leading the art team in the development of AAA environments and assets while ensuring adherence with the creative vision of the game.
What you will do:
- Help establish, develop and maintain the game artistic style and visual quality
- Help build a successful and proactive team of artists by pushing the quality bar with seasoned artists to mentoring and helping junior staff with their first ever game
- Inspire and motivate the art team to achieve their best, driving artistic quality by example and successful teamwork, giving feedback and direction where needed
- Work closely with the art director, product owner, designers, and engineers to establish the production pipeline and best practices for the game
- Create and maintain the brand/art style guides and technical documentation
- Mentor artists along their career paths, setting challenges to encourage growth
- Assess and manage all staff members career progression by helping with training and mentoring by continuous appraisals and feedback
- Take ownership of the milestone planning, day-to-day feedback communications, and final quality of deliverables from various external partners (outsourcing)
- Understand and work within project requirements and constraints
What you bring:
- Minimum 5 years experience creating artwork for games with at least 1 shipped title as an Art Lead
- Excellent communication skills as a leader, collaborator, and mentor.
- Excellent 2D and 3D skills - 3D modeling, texturing and lighting
- Proficient with industry tools like 3DS Max and Photoshop, with an ability to learn new tools
- Pro-active & collaborative work attitude toward achieving results under pressure
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills as a leader, collaborator and mentor with a proactive approach to collaboration and feedback from others
- Excellent communication skills, never afraid to ask questions and to help teammates with answering their own
Nice to have:
- Enjoy the feedback process as the best way to create fantastic visuals and collaboration when working with outsource and external contractors.
- A proven track record in the delivery of high performance, high quality 3D assets for AAA titles.
What to send our way:
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
- A cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- A portfolio with a breakdown of your best and most fitting work (attach work samples or send us a link to your personal website or online portfolio)
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the Mainz region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Opportunities for growth on your desired career path: Leadership training, workshops, guest speakers from the industry, online Ubisoft learning platform, coaches, Experts and library.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
We offer a highly motivating challenge for team players interested in showing personal initiative in an innovative and international company. If you are passionate about video games and would like to join an industry leader - please apply via our career portal.
For further information, please check https://mainz.ubisoft.com/en/