- Helsinki, Finland
Have you ever dreamed of building an entire world that fits to a small screen? Would you like to create mobile game systems and features for people to enjoy? Look no further because Ubisoft RedLynx is doing some pretty cool stuff and we can guarantee you’ll want to be part of it.
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the popular Trials series and the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer, we have developed and published more than 100 games on both mobile and console. That’s pretty unique! We’re a passionate team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Globally, that means over 17,000 enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings many benefits, including vast resources and support, plus getting to collaborate in large, exciting projects. Join us and create the unknown.
We are now looking for a
Game Designer for our new unannounced mobile project
We have kicked off an ambitious and innovative project aiming to publish a top-grossing game that people will LOVE! You will design a variety of game systems, controls, and interfaces to achieve the best player experience of humor, surprises, and just good old fun. You will communicate and iterate your designs with multiple colleagues and collaborate closely with the whole development team. Depending on your skills and background, you could take ownership of the economic aspects of the game design (in-game economy, progression, reward, and motivation) and focus on creating features that engage players in the long term and provide monetization opportunities.
We are looking for a Designer who understands core design principles, from level design to systems to world-building. You are comfortable working on any aspect of the game and able to work on varied tasks from progression systems to writing dialogue. Understanding of free-to-play games and a strong grasp of the underlying mathematical concepts are your core strengths. You are constantly curious to improve your understanding of mobile player’s needs and motivations and stay on top of your job expertise.
We offer you a central position in our project that pushes the existing boundaries of mobile games with unique ideas and cutting edge technologies. You will join a compact team of enthusiastic and very experienced game developers who seek growth opportunities with open minds. We work in an agile way in an outspoken and playful atmosphere, benefiting from the network and support of Ubisoft.
- Design, prototype and balance game systems from conception to release
- Understand the player’s key motivation levers (progression, reward, social)
- Create all relevant game design documents
- Evolve and adapt game designs based on play testing, feedback and live metrics
- Stay on top of market trends and provide analysis of relevant emerging products in the free-to-play space
- Potentially focus on the economy and monetization and be able to model those systems
Our dream candidate
- Has experience of designing mobile games – we expect design experience at least in one live mobile free-to-play game
- Holds a graduate degree in Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- Has strong math skills and solid experience of data modeling and simulation direction
- Understands mobile game trends and mobile game marketplaces
- Is an inclusive team player able to create relationships and share information effectively
- Continuously seeks opportunities to enhance their current skills and learn new ones
- Of course, has a huge passion for mobile games!
We also appreciate
- Previous experience in econometrics or data mining
- Experience in designing economy and monetization systems for mobile games
- Experience in level design
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Newly renovated office space next to the services of the city’s biggest shopping center & transportation hub Tripla, within an easy commute from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits, such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it :)
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods. And that’s why we have flexible work hours
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on June 16 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!
This is a permanent position based in Helsinki, Finland, and requires working onsite. All interviews during the recruitment process will be conducted remotely to keep us all safe and healthy during the COVID-19 restrictions.