Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
Ubisoft Singapore opened its doors on July 2008 as Ubisoft’s 18th internal development studio. Located in Solaris (a state-of-the-art Infocomm Technology and Media hub), Ubisoft Singapore is recognized today as one of Asia’s premier game development studios. It now employs a multi-national team of 300 highly talented employees that comprise of a core team of Ubisoft veterans as well as a fast growing development team ranging from recent graduates to industry professionals. We aspire on being one of the top best places to work for in SEA.
Ubisoft Singapore pioneered the development of naval battle gameplay and water technology – elements first introduced in Assassin’s Creed III and Assassin’s Creed IV® Black Flag™ which have since become a staple feature in the Assassin’s Creed® franchise. Ubisoft Singapore is currently hard at work as the lead studio for an unannounced project on console and PC.
The successful candidate will work within a collaborative multidiscipline environment implementing graphical rendering features that meet the requirements of the project’s Lead Artist and Technical Architect.
• Implement practical and timely solutions that meet the game design and technical requirements.
• Implement code that is modular, self-contained, and defensive and observes the technical constraints on the system.
• Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organising and planning their own work.
• Ensure coding standards are followed, and help to enforce good programming practices within the engineering team.
• Maintain technical documentation for the engineering team as well as other disciplines.
• Optimise code and data for memory usage and performance as required.
• Write debugging tools for programmers, level designers and artists.
• Keep abreast of new advances in rendering technology, algorithms and hardware.
• Passionate about playing and making games.
• Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development.
• Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and perforce.
• Able to plan and estimate their own tasks and ensure timely delivery of work.
• Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience.
• 3 years of commercial software development experience with significant involvement in 1 published game in a 3d rendering programming capacity.
• Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind.
• Able to analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module.
• Has knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile etc…
• Proven ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity.
• Good mathematics ability and a familiarity with common 3d graphics principles and rendering algorithms.
• Good working knowledge of current GPU architecture, and rendering APIs, experience with DirectX 11 a benefit.
To all recruitment agencies: Ubisoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ubisoft employees or any other company location. Ubisoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes