- Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000
Ubisoft is one of the leaders in entertainment, with a rich portfolio of well-known brands worldwide. In Ukraine Ubisoft has two studios, Ubisoft Kyiv and Ubisoft Odesa, which focus on strengthening Ubisoft's presence on all platforms, with the main expertize in PC. Ubisoft Kyiv was established in 2008 and is one of the biggest GameDev studios in Ukraine that collaborated on blockbusters like Assassin's Creed®, Far Cry®, Steep®, Watch Dogs®, Trials®, Rainbow Six®, Ghost Recon ® and more. Ubisoft Odesa was opened in March 2018 and takes part in the development of Ubisoft’s world-known franchises.
- You will be responsible for creating, debugging, maintaining and optimizing the game online services and the related tools that are used for the game’s development;
- You will work closely together with Game Designers and Gameplay Programmers from different worldwide sites in order to develop one of Ubisoft’s major titles.
- Design, prototype, and implement the services that will be offered in the game while keeping high scalability, availability and security in mind;
- Understand the online intentions of the project and collaborates with Game Designers to set out the technical possibilities for the various online features;
- Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements in mind;
- Perform load tests, suggest improvements and optimize whenever necessary;
- Correct bugs found by peers and the quality control team;
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users to understand how to use the new systems and features.
- Strong knowledge of Python and C++ programming (3+ experience)
- 1−3 years' experience in client-server programming, ideally in the video game industry, or any other relevant experience;
- Experience working with client-server architecture, web server technology and protocols, web services;
- Database programming knowledge in MySQL; Redis and MongoDB are a plus;
- Being knowledgeable about the technologies and tools used in the video game production pipeline
- Problem-solving and open minded
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Sense of initiative, attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure
- Working well in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken
- Good oral and written communication in English
- Updating job knowledge proactively
- Analytical and synthesis skills
- Being comfortable with debugging unfamiliar code
- Passion for making and playing games
What we offer:
- International AAA game projects;
- Access to cutting-edge hardware;
- Experience using hottest internally developed game engines;
- Proficient and fun-to-work-with colleagues;
- Opportunity to travel abroad to meet your colleagues from other studios or to participate in international conferences;
- Medical / Life insurance;
- English / French courses.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experience. We create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities.
Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? At Ubisoft, we offer an open environment where bright ideas are given a chance to shine and everyone is eager to share knowledge.