- Helsinki, Finland
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki. Along with the popular Trials series and the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer, we have developed and published more than 100 games on both mobile and console. That’s pretty unique! We’re a passionate team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Globally, that means over 17,000 enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings many benefits, including vast resources and support, plus getting to collaborate in large, exciting projects. Join us and create the unknown.
We are now looking for a
Server Programmer for an unannounced mobile project
We have just kicked off the development of a new game based on our own new IP. As our Server Programmer in this project, you will be designing, developing, and maintaining game-related online services. You will play a key role that a high number of players can simultaneously immerse themselves in a seamless and rich game experience. You will be maintaining the game when it’s live and develop tools to support live operations. You work in close co-operation with multidisciplinary teams of programmers, game designers, artists, and testers.
If high-quality code is your second name, new online features knock your socks off and you are passionate about mobile games, please reveal yourself! We offer you a key position in a truly ambitious and innovative project aiming to publish a top-grossing game that people will LOVE! Our project will push the existing boundaries of mobile games with unique ideas. You will join a compact team of enthusiastic game developers who seek growth opportunities with open minds. You will get to work in an agile project with an outspoken and playful atmosphere and enjoy the network and support of Ubisoft.
- Collaborate with game designers and programmers to make technical designs for the online features
- Implement state-of-the-art online features to our game engine
- Implement backend services and work with database layer communications
- Integrate external services and SDKs required for gameplay and live service
- Stay up-to-date on server programming in general and your specialties in particular
Our dream candidate
- Is fluent in C# and has experience or strong motivation to learn Go
- Has a good basic understanding of databases like MySQL, MongoDB, and Redis
- Is familiar with Google Cloud environment
- Is familiar with Kubernetes or other container technologies
- Has a good understanding of web services and REST
- Can write clear, maintainable, portable and functional code
- Is committed to code quality, documentation and testing procedures
- Has smooth communication and teamwork skills
- Has a proactive attitude and strong self-organization skills
We also appreciate
- Degree in computer science or software engineering or equivalent
- Passion for games and interest in the games industry
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Newly renovated office space next to the services of the city’s biggest shopping center & transportation hub Tripla, within an easy commute from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits, such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it :)
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods. And that’s why we have flexible work hours
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on May 31 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!
This is a permanent position based in Helsinki, Finland, and requires working onsite. For this role, we are not currently able to sponsor visas or work permits. All interviews during the recruitment process will be conducted remotely to keep us all safe and healthy during the COVID-19 restrictions