Props Artist F/M
- Annecy, France
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players by original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to amazing worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to surprising moments of fun and adventure that also help you as a player to discover yourself and learn.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
By joining Ubisoft Annecy, you will have the opportunity to join a community of passionate and collaborative peers, but also to evolve, with pioneering teams in their field, from all around the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you push the boundaries of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.
Do you have talent and experience in the video game industry? Do you want to join a challenging, stimulating, creative and friendly work environment? Join us!
For its Annecy Production Studio, Ubisoft is looking for a Props Artist (M/F) to join our teams in charge of developing AAA games.
You will join the project's Art team, you will participate in the modeling of "props" and the creation of their textures according to the guidelines of the Lead Props Artist and / or the Artistic Director while respecting the artistic, technical and gameplay constraints.
Your main missions will be:
- The production of realistic and high-quality assets (object and textures) that meet the expectations of the Lead Props Artist and the Artistic Director.
- The integration of objects, textures in a game editor like Unreal, Unity ...
- Ensure the technical and artistic follow-up of the assets imported into the game and make the necessary modifications.
Experience of 1-3 years in video games as a Props Artist or 3D Modeler.
You also recognize yourself in the following skills list:
- Control of constraints related to real-time geometry
- Mastery of realistic style
- Excellent knowledge of modeling tools such as 3DSMAX, Autodesk Maya, Blender, Zbrush (UV layouts, retopology)
- Mastery of the PBR Pipeline for the creation of textures (Substance Painter/Photoshop, baking tools)
- Model and texture realistic, modular, and hard-surface assets that meet the global art direction needs
- Work from photo reference and concepts during production of assets.
- Good understanding of balancing quality standards and game performance in a game engine
- Comfortable creating 4k resolution game assets
- Good artistic ability and observational skills
- Versatility, responsiveness, autonomy and initiative
- Ability to work in a team, good communication skills
- Open to feedback and adaptable
- Ability to work under constraints of quality and time
- Good understanding of game mechanics related to objects and environments
- English spoken & written
- Passionate about video games
During the quarantine period we continue to recruit people. Of course the process will be adapted with phone and Skype interviews until we return to the studio
Position available as soon as possible in Annecy!
Please submit a CV and all personal/professional work or portfolio website.
At Ubisoft Annecy, we are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.