Lead Game Designer
- Helsinki, Finland
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki, one of the world’s most liveable cities. Along with the popular Trials series and the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer, we have developed and published more than 100 games on both mobile and console. That’s pretty unique! We’re a passionate team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Globally, that means over 17,000 enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings many benefits, including vast resources and support, plus getting to collaborate in large, exciting projects. Join us and create the unknown.
We are now looking for a
Lead Game Designer for an unannounced project
We have just kicked off the development of a new game based on our own new IP. As our Lead Game Designer in this project, you will manage game design aligned with the creative vision. You will drive the design of high-quality game systems and mechanics that enable truly epic player experience. You will also be responsible for leading and mentoring a skilled team of game designers. You will work closely with the Creative Director, production and other leads driving the project forward. You are the main contact person communicating the game vision to all stakeholders and overseeing the creation of game features.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Game Designer who is highly driven towards results and achievements and takes strong ownership. You are agile when faced with surprises and iteration and you proactively engage and include others in your day-to-day work to find better solutions.
We will give you the opportunity to join a recently founded team of game developers and you will get to work alongside skilled industry veterans. We offer you a key position in a project with high goals and an exciting period of growth. You will get to enjoy the network and resources of Ubisoft, but at the same time, work in an agile studio with creative freedom. We want to make unique and creative games and keep the ambition level high!
- Design the main game systems and mechanics of our latest game aligned with the creative vision
- Lead a team of game designers and support them in the creation of workflows, techniques and game systems
- Collaborate with other leads to push project quality and ensure that all game design is in line with the project’s creative vision, technical guidelines, and standards
- Communicate the game vision and provide support for the whole project in design-related issues
Our dream candidate
- Has several years of versatile experience in senior-level game design (Console/PC)
- Has solid expertise in most areas of game design (such as core gameplay, systems, mechanics, economy, etc.)
- Has shipped console/PC games
- Has experience of collaborating with different teams and departments
- Stays agile and flexible when faced with ambiguity, change, and challenges
- Knows how to positively influence and motivate others and communicates with assertiveness and impact
We also appreciate if you
- Have previous experience supervising a game design team
- Like Domino’s pizza!
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Newly renovated office space next to the services of the city’s biggest shopping center & transportation hub Tripla, within an easy commute from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits, such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it :)
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods. And that’s why we have flexible work hours
- Relocation help
What are you waiting for? Please send your application and CV with your salary expectations. The application period closes on May 3 but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!