Junior C++ Application Programmer [Uplay PC] (f/m/d)
- Düsseldorf, Germany
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "James Cameron's Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", "Far Cry", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
You will work closely with a multi-disciplinary team of programmers, designers and testers where everyone is willing to share their knowledge and are encouraged to evolve every day. The team spans across several countries and is characterized by passion, collaboration and the love for PC gaming.
You will also have the option to visit and work from collaborating studios. As part of the team, you will develop, design and deploy frontend applications, enrich the Uplay ecosystem and empower the team to handle player-facing features and contents.
You are seeking the opportunity to contribute your own passions to one of the biggest gaming platforms while expanding your experience and knowledge.Write clear, modular and maintainable code.
- Work on the client/frontend codebase of Uplay PC. This covers topics such as: game content related data management (e.g., achievements), social features (e.g., chat, friends), user interface, game data distribution, in-game overlay, user-generated content, shop, and much more.
- Be part of an agile team collaboratively working on technical designs, new features as well as steady improvements of existing code
- Testing, debugging, profiling and maintaining existing code.
- Confident in C++
Nice to have:
- Vue.js / Knockout.js
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.