Junior Data Scientist - VIE San Francisco
- San Francisco, CA, USA
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players' lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you'll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with.
Please note that VIE is a very specific type of contract for European citizens, please check you eligibilty here before applying:
- Anyone aged over 18 and under 28 at the time they register can apply to be an international intern. The latest your assignment can start is on the day of your 29th birthday. No exceptions can be made.
- You must have French or European nationality (i.e. be a national of a Member State of the European Economic Area, which includes the 28 Member States of the European Union including Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein and Monaco).
In an established team based in San Francisco, you will get to influence how we work with data science as you generate insights that are actively put to use.
- Be Advised
As an intern, the whole audience management team will support you to grow your skills and help you to put your theoretical knowledge into action.
- Personalized topic of learning
Within audience management, we are running several research projects on a large scope: social media, CRM, in-game… Pending on your background and your academic requirements, we will adapt the topic.
- Full stack scientist
Even if you are an intern, you will be considered as a scientist and so, you will get access to a large panel of tools corresponding to different steps of the analysis. The most commons will be HiveQL for data extraction, Spark and Python for data analysis and Tableau for data visualization.
To summarize: at the end of your VIE (1.5 years), you will be able to run a complete study by yourself.
Daily activities in the Data Science team
To give you an idea of the past and current projects, please find below a non-exhaustive sample of our daily activities.
- Contribution to the customer engagement
The CRM data are composed of millions of players, who they are, what they played split in two databases on Hadoop, the other on Teradata. We have built different models which permit to cluster players for emailing campaign, to select players for betas or to improve the queue of the customer service.
- Contribution to the brand vision
The brand teams are always eager to know better their players. To do so, we are using the YouTube public data stored into our Hadoop to extract trends based on the available meta-data at user level. We are also using the game tracking data, hundreds of billions of events per game, to know their game behaviors and hence help to shape the Brand vision.
- Contribution to the marketing performance
The data science team is building the tools for monitoring the daily user acquisition: cost per acquisition, lifetime value and other measure of the player quality such as the addressability funnel.
- Contribution to the executive management topics
The data science team have a close relationship with the executive management and we are often asked to quickly present an analysis about a hot topic.
- Master in computer science, mathematics or related fields
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, preferably R or Python
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of data visualization
- Strong interest in the gaming industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Speak and write English fluently
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.