- Helsinki, Finland
Are you passionate about games? Do you want to be part of a world-class international game development team with true professionals in a fun atmosphere? At Ubisoft RedLynx we break boundaries. How about you?
Ubisoft RedLynx is a multiplatform game development studio located in Helsinki, one of the world’s most liveable cities. Along with the popular Trials series and the action-packed South Park: Phone Destroyer, we have developed and published more than 100 games on both mobile and console. That’s pretty unique! We’re a passionate team of over 150 people of 20+ different nationalities. As one of the biggest and oldest game studios in Finland, we focus on surprising people with the unexpected and creating impactful game experiences that stand the test of time.
We’re part of Ubisoft, a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services. Globally, that means over 17,000 enthusiastic experts tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond. Belonging to the Ubisoft family brings many benefits, including vast resources and support, plus getting to collaborate in large, exciting projects. Join us and create the unknown.
We are now looking for a
UI Artist to join our kick-ass mobile team
As a UI Artist, your responsibility is to bring the UI of our latest mobile game to the next level and make sure South Park: Phone Destroyer™ continues to be a great success on the market! You will play a key role in ensuring that our graphic design and layouts are engaging and breathtaking! Your objective is to design and implement the UI in cooperation with the rest of the game development team. You will establish and maintain the UI pipeline as well as deliver frequent content updates.
You enjoy taking initiative and finding creative solutions to complex problems. In this role, you will get to use your diverse range of skills and have the possibility to learn new software and methods of working. You will join a game with active live service and player base, where your tasks are mission-critical, so you really get to hit the ground running. We appreciate if you have previous experience of working with hands-on IP holders and you are open to receiving approvals from external sources.
You will be working within a multidisciplinary team, where active communication and collaboration are highly appreciated and people are ambitious to achieve the best player experience possible. This is a unique opportunity to work in a big, ambitious project in one of the leading mobile studios of Ubisoft, yet enjoy the friendly and agile RedLynx culture known for our quirky humor! Being part of Ubisoft offers amazing perks, such as having vast training opportunities and being exposed to relevant news in the industry, not to mention having a huge global community of game developers in just one click away.
- Design game features which are engaging, user-friendly and functional together with the rest of the game development team
- Establish and maintain UI pipeline
- Concept mock-ups of the game UI for live ops events according to an established art style
- Iterate the design and graphics as needed
- Create final 2D assets and work together with programmers to ensure that UI is implemented into the game as designed
Our dream candidate
- Is UI driven as an artist, with a passion to create the best user interface experience
- Has at least 2 years’ experience in UI/menu design
- Has game development experience and has an understanding of what is required from game user interfaces/menus.
- Has some experience in using Unity
- Has some experience in using Perforce or other similar tools (such as GitHub)
- Is proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator (other creative Adobe software is a plus)
- Is a good communicator and a team player and has a proactive attitude and strong self-organizational skills
- Works in a flexible way, accepting feedback and iteration ideas smoothly and comes up with new solutions
- Is eligible to work in Finland
We also appreciate
- Experience in graphic design
- Professional art education/training
- Experience in motion graphics
- Experience with programming
- Awesome projects with a lot of variety
- An open, international and massively friendly work environment full of ambitious and skilled people
- Lots of challenges and opportunities to develop yourself
- Newly renovated office space next to the services of the city’s biggest shopping center & transportation hub Tripla, within an easy commute from the city center of Helsinki
- Competitive compensation and benefits, such as wide healthcare and insurances, phone benefit, lunch vouchers, free gym, free breakfast, free games, parties, events… you name it :)
- Good work/life balance: We take our work very seriously, but we also respect and value our employees’ personal lives, also during high-intensity periods. And that’s why we have flexible work hours
What are you waiting for? Please send your application, CV with your salary expectations. Please also send a portfolio displaying your best UI work. The application period closes on April 26, but apply now because we can’t wait to meet you!
This is a permanent position based in Helsinki, Finland, and requires working onsite. For this role, we are not currently able to sponsor visas or work permits. All interviews during the recruitment process will be conducted remotely to keep us all safe and healthy during the COVID-19 restrictions.